Retention Pond Floating Solar Array | Inside Universal Forums

Retention Pond Floating Solar Array

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GAcoaster

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
I know someone posted a picture of some work going on with the big retention pond near the parking garage the other day, and today while leaving the South Garage I discovered what is going on.

There is a crew putting together a floating solar panel array on the pond. It appears that it will be fairly sizable array, covering most of the surface area of the pond.

I wasn't able to get a picture since I was driving, but I'm sure someone will snap some pics soon...

I know someone posted a picture of some work going on with the big retention pond near the parking garage the other day, and today while leaving the South Garage I discovered what is going on.

There is a crew putting together a floating solar panel array on the pond. It appears that it will be fairly sizable array, covering most of the surface area of the pond.

I wasn't able to get a picture since I was driving, but I'm sure someone will snap some pics soon...
Are you talking about the one at Orlando International?

No, the one going onto the retention pond right next to the parking garage.

View attachment 13601
So the boat with the rig on the back was driving tethers or supports for the array? Cool - I wonder how much power they can generate there and if they might roof the garages with panels?