Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Return time for Nighttime Studio Tour?

Sep 2, 2015
I believe I'd read that at some point -- this may have been last year -- that the popularity of the Tour was causing such long lines that you could go to the attraction and they would give you a return time to come back later (like Disney's Fastpass). By chance, are they still doing that? We will be in the park this weekend and want to do the Nighttime Studio Tour. If they aren't doing return times, what time should we head over to do the tour? They are open until 10pm that day.

I believe I'd read that at some point -- this may have been last year -- that the popularity of the Tour was causing such long lines that you could go to the attraction and they would give you a return time to come back later (like Disney's Fastpass). By chance, are they still doing that? We will be in the park this weekend and want to do the Nighttime Studio Tour. If they aren't doing return times, what time should we head over to do the tour? They are open until 10pm that day.

Hi - 

The return time ticket you are speaking of was tested last year for a short while only during the daytime tours. The Nighttime Tours have not been as big of a draw as the daytime so you should have no problem seeing the evening version. As far as when to ride the attraction and experience it in its proper way, I would recommend asking someone at the Studio Tour what time the last tram leaves for the nighttime and arrive 30 min before that. I hope that helps.

Hi - 

The return time ticket you are speaking of was tested last year for a short while only during the daytime tours. The Nighttime Tours have not been as big of a draw as the daytime so you should have no problem seeing the evening version. As far as when to ride the attraction and experience it in its proper way, I would recommend asking someone at the Studio Tour what time the last tram leaves for the nighttime and arrive 30 min before that. I hope that helps.

Okay, I thought it might have been a temporary thing. Great advice on best time to do nighttime tour and just ask somebody at the attraction. Hmm, are people just riding it during the day and not waiting or wanting to see the nighttime version? It was this time last year that we were at Universal and the Fast & Furious was the new part for us, so going at night will be a new twist on it for us this time. Thanks!