Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

Don’t get me wrong, E.T. could be in much much much better shape, but I saw improvement since my last visit while with Mummy I saw regression, which is disappointing since it was closed for a while. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day.

Definitely caught it on a bad day - I find the ride, when working, to be in a better state.

Went on this a few weeks ago in December and it was actually surprisingly pleasant to ride! I say that since realized I don't need to brace myself on the last turn into the fake station anymore. No one yelled in shock or pain from smacking the headrest when we pulled in so I guess it's an improvement. Old Universal is dead. :(

The new timings let you take in the scenes more and the whole ride doesn't feel like speed run as before.

I wasn't sure about the new scarab scene going in and I think the timing was off for our turn as the scarabs didn't all start coming out on the screens until we were halfway to the turntable but the overall effect didn't seem lost. I still need get some more rerides in to really get a feel for it but it's not the worst change.

Out of curiosity I looked and it's still listed as Technical Rehearsal on Universal's site. I also saw the sign for it at the entrance the day I went. When did this start again and does that status even mean anything at this point for this ride? All operations are back to normal otherwise? No seriously did they forget? lol

Mummy was functioning great yesterday,

slight delay in the bug room, but it is a block section so I don't think the turntable was reset just yet

Imhotep looks awful...I know he's a walking corpse but sheesh

I almost want some more projection mapping in that area

No DAS at the moment I can confirm.

Strange if that is the case. When I was there in October DAS was allowed and was causing confusion for some people with Express as they automatically assumed our group was getting through using Express and wondered why they couldn't. I know of people who were there in November using DAS too.

The app said the mummy wait time was 270 minutes and up at time today. Is that real for today? How could there be a 4.5 hour wait for this ride? Or is Universal continuing to play games with exaggerated wait times to push traffic around the park?

(We noticed that like crazy last year when we visited.)

The app said the mummy wait time was 270 minutes and up at time today. Is that real for today? How could there be a 4.5 hour wait for this ride? Or is Universal continuing to play games with exaggerated wait times to push traffic around the park?

(We noticed that like crazy last year when we visited.)
Sometimes there can be a mistake updating wait times on the app. I don't believe the park was that busy today.