Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

River Country Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of Pixiedusters getting excited on various comments sections over this.

Could be as simple as fixing drainage issues?

This is one location where adding DVC really isn't even something I would be bothered by if that's what it turns out to be (and has been rumored for for years). The land is just sitting there along the waterfront going to waste anyway. As long as any construction wouldn't impede too much on Fort Wilderness i'm cool with it. Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the Tri-Circle D Ranch would probably need to be relocated, but as long as that's it, i'm overall fine with whatever happens here if it turns out to even be anything.

No info on this, but DVC is always connected to a Deluxe Resort because of the associated amenities. So a moderate seems to be the most likely option.

I hope the pool has some nods to River Country.

No info on this, but DVC is always connected to a Deluxe Resort because of the associated amenities. So a moderate seems to be the most likely option.

I hope the pool has some nods to River Country.
I can pretty much immediately contradict this as all you have to do is look at the Rivera DVC. It's a brand new build on land that was formerly occupied by CBBR, a moderate property.I think they are counting the CBBR sit down as the one for Riviera though.

So they could easily make it a FW DVC and count Trail's End as the sit-down restaurant (as well as the dinner shows). Build an infinity pool that overlooks the lake (bring in dirt to build up the land) and then add in a few other DVC amenities like laundry and stuff and done.

I can pretty much immediately contradict this as all you have to do is look at the Rivera DVC. It's a brand new built on land that was formerly occupied by CBBR, a moderate property.I think they are counting the CBBR sit down as the one for Riviera though.

So they could easily make it a FW DVC and count Trail's End as the sit-down restaurant (as well as the dinner shows). Build an infinity pool that overlooks the lake (bring in dirt to build up the land) and then add in a few other DVC amenities like laundry and stuff and done.
Supposedly, they are going to try and upgrade Caribbean Beach Resort to a "Deluxe". But I would think that with exterior guest room doors, that would be difficult. My guess is it will just be upgraded landscaping and amenities in the main common building.

Supposedly, they are going to try and upgrade Caribbean Beach Resort to a "Deluxe". But I would think that with exterior guest room doors, that would be difficult. My guess is it will just be upgraded landscaping and amenities in the main common building.
Yeah, the lobby, Table Service (Shutters) and quick-service (Spyglass Grill) have been down for a full year now. They put up a tent backstage much like the one behind the UK pavilion for quick service meals.

As for exterior guest room doors...Old Key West and Saratoga are both classified as Deluxe and have exterior entry.

Oh wow! I Never knew Disney had a Water Park before the two now. Cool.
All three were open at the same time for about 5 years before the ultimate closure of River Country.

I hope that's not true, because then the price would sky rocket. I was actually looking forward to booking a trip here once the gondolas open. But not if they price me out.

A design firm and Construction Manager was picked, which is why there was a bunch of articles yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.