Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rock the Universe 2013

Jun 18, 2012
Winston-Salem
Universal Orlando just released the line-up for this year! Not as strong in my opinion but some really good ones!

https://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Rock-The-Universe/Christian-Music-Festival.aspx

Friday, September 6th:

Switchfoot
Chris Tomlin
Crowder
Tenth Avenue North
Family Force 5
Colton Dixon
Crave

Saturday, September 7th:

Casting Crowns
Jesus Culture
Lecrae
Relient K
RED
Everfound
Kyle Sherman

Rides to be Open-

Transformers
HRRR
Despicable Me
Revenge of the Mummy
MIB

Last edited:
Wow...maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm really not impressed with the lineup this year. I used to like Switchfoot but they've changed...same goes for Relient K...Red would be the only act I'd care to see.

Being a worship leader I would love to see Crowder, Tomlin, Jesus Culture and the like. I love lecrae and RED. Ive never seen Switchfoot or Relient K live but they dont interest me as much. I will probably go to the Saturday Night and see Lecrae and RED

Really want to see Switchfoot and Relient K, but I would really be hoping Switchfoot does more of their older stuff (Beautiful Letdown and back, although I do like a few songs off of the newer albums). Haven't really given Vice Verses much listening time yet, though.

Actually kind of happy to see Colton Dixon in that list. He's a great performer, so that should be nice.

This is one of the few years that I am much more excited about Disney's Night of Joy line up than Rock the Universe. On Friday Night of Joy is having two of my favorite bands Skillet and Audio Adrenaline, plus new comers like We As Human. On Saturday it is still a toss up for me if I want to see the Newsboys and For King and Country at Disney or Red at Universal.

Multiple Rock the Universe Questions

Hi, I was pondering the thought of attending Rock the Universe, but I have a couple of questions first. Hopefully some people who have attended this event can explain to me what its like?

How does this event affect crowds? Will the park be slammed? Both beforehand and during the event?

Universal Studios closes at 6pm both nights, according to the website. However, Rock the Universe begins at 4pm. How does this work since Rock the Universe is a separate admission price? Is there like a wristband or something that they give you?

Rock the Universe ends at 1am...are the rides in the park open this entire time? What are lines like during this period?

Thanks so much!

Hi, I was pondering the thought of attending Rock the Universe, but I have a couple of questions first. Hopefully some people who have attended this event can explain to me what its like?

How does this event affect crowds? Will the park be slammed? Both beforehand and during the event? Slammed with a capital "S"

Universal Studios closes at 6pm both nights, according to the website. However, Rock the Universe begins at 4pm. How does this work since Rock the Universe is a separate admission price? Is there like a wristband or something that they give you? Basically, they really don't check

Rock the Universe ends at 1am...are the rides in the park open this entire time? What are lines like during this period? Yes everything will be open and they will be long.

Thanks so much!
]

Basically the lines will be...

150 for Rockit
70 for TF (Guessing)
50 for Mummy
and 30 for anything on the west side of the park

Food lines will likely be out the door.

and teens not being supervised will be running around rampaging.

Though, as a teen who is part of a unsupervised group and who buys express, it's a really good time!

The park usually gets pretty crowded like most peak days. But expresses are like $15 bucks and worth it. You can get into the park before 4pm and they will give you a wristband so that you can stay in the park (if you get in after 6 you don't get one). The rides are open until like 12:30. The lines, especially later in the day, aren't so bad as people are going to go see the bands. If you do want to see a band it's best to get there when the band before is finishing up and then just go up to where you want to go. This being a christian event, the people are very friendly and easy going as you try to walk through. I'll be going this year myself. Have fun!

How do we think sunday crowds will be?? Im thinking about going to the park this weekend and forgot about this? How do we think the crowds will be on saturday for sombody not attending...example universal in morning and islands after?

guys anybody that has been can you please tell me what you think crowds will be like??? will sunday be slower? than saturday?

I was in the parks today. It was fairly mellow all day. But I'm sure the rain was keeping a lot of people away. We didn't stay for rock the universe but we passed a lot of people in citywalk heading to the event. The park felt more crowded at closing then it was earlier in the day.