Rose Parade impact? | Inside Universal Forums

Rose Parade impact?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 16, 2016
I was thinking of going to USH on Monday but just realized the Rose Parade is moved to Monday. Historically, should that have an impact on traffic? I was assuming there'd be less than usual traffic since it's a holiday for a lot of people, but with the parade now I'm thinking it might be worse. I'm trying to figure out how much buffer to give myself if I'm aiming to get there for early entry. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Well I was sort of banking on it being less than your standard weekday morning rush hour in general, due to the holiday. So if the parade just bumps it back up to that...it's good to know but not good? Glad to know it won't be worse.

I was debating where to come from. Bringing a friend from Pomona, so we could either leave from there and go west (which I assume is worse since it means passing Pasadena), or they come to Irvine and we go together north.

Either way, one of us would go to the other tonight to crash, and then drive straight to the park tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got there at 8:30 and stayed til 2. So we were there before they cut people off. Was just thinking it was too crowded to be worth sticking around much longer when overheard a cashier telling someone else the park was at capacity and not to expect to be able to get back in if they left to go to CityWalk. At that point they were letting in people with handstamps, just not selling tickets or letting anyone who hadn't already been in enter, but they were expecting to cut off all entries soon by the sounds of it. I've been to super busy theme parks before but this was the first time the phrase "mobbed" really felt appropriate.

As a fun surprise, traffic actually wasn't that bad arriving or leaving.

Last edited by a moderator: