(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My sarcasm aside, one of the reasons I suspect HHN shows have been so well received (HNF, B&T, Jack) is that they don't have to be all things to all people. No worrying if it's too adult for the kids, or that the humor is too Americanized for an international audience. In a weird way, DCL shows are similar -- knowing your audience is 90% hard-core pixie dusters, you can cater to their tastes more directly.

Sometimes people do the shows during horror nights because there's literally nothing else to do since lines are so long and everything is crowded.
I know someone could say that the same applies to the daytime hours but horror nights crowds are another type of monster altogether.

I like the horror night shows a lot of course, but if a house has a lower wait time. I'll choose the house over a show.

Could alternate the shows day to day too. M/W/F you get Schmigadoon. T/TH/Sa/Sun you get Schmicago. It’s perfect.
You could, but I think you stick with Shmigadoon. It’s a single set, and you just build the town square with the footbridge on one side and the Tunnel of Love on the other. It also serves as the entry point to the entire show.

Going with Shmigadoon AND Shmicago requires too much variation for little return.

Reactions: Clive
You could, but I think you stick with Shmigadoon. It’s a single set, and you just build the town square with the footbridge on one side and the Tunnel of Love on the other. It also serves as the entry point to the entire show.

Going with Shmigadoon AND Shmicago requires too much variation for little return.
Makes more sense to have Cinco Paul make a musical just for the park without them needing to cut content...its not Universal doesn't already have a long term bond with him since he did almost all the Illumination early films plus Schmigadoon.

Severance is the best show on Apple.

Regardless, I like the idea of an “original expansion” of the Shmigadoon idea for Universal. Maybe do a “Shmollywood” where it’s an original show with direct lifts (and songs) from famous movies instead of specifically musicals.

Other than Ted Lasso, every commercial for an Apple TV show feels like a fake commercial from 30 Rock

If they start showing "Queen of Jordan", I'll be subscribing! I think one of the streamers is already running "Milf Island"...

Schmigadoon/Schmicago are fun, but I don't know how much appeal they have beyond musical theater fans. I'd watch, but I feel like the outlier.