(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would never listen to fandom. They have too much of a nitpicking and negative streak. The GP does a much better job of evaluating parks, attractions and shows.
Trying to appeal to the GP is how we got F&F in the park. Some bright boy thought "high grossing franchise we own?" "make a ride out of it" followed by "Oh needs to be quick and cheap".
It was a run for cash plain and simple because they thought box office meant the GP wanted anything with that brand and would settle for some call outs to bring it.
Has to be more than relying on the opinion of a huge committee, I hope some vision is involved.

Trying to appeal to the GP is how we got F&F in the park. Some bright boy thought "high grossing franchise we own?" "make a ride out of it" followed by "Oh needs to be quick and cheap".
It was a run for cash plain and simple because they thought box office meant the GP wanted anything with that brand and would settle for some call outs to bring it.
Has to be more than relying on the opinion of a huge committee, I hope some vision is involved.

Yup. There has to be an equilibrium of cynicism and idealism.

Ahhhh....but the GP turned thumbs down on F&F, thereby confirming their good/bad tastes in attractions.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Ahhhh....but the GP turned thumbs down on F&F, thereby confirming their good/bad tastes in attractions.

"Exception that proves the rule." But yes, the GP's tastes should be considered, since apparently Mummy didn't receive good reviews upon initial opening.

"Exception that proves the rule." But yes, the GP's tastes should be considered, since apparently Mummy didn't receive good reviews upon initial opening.
Yeah, people were uber salty about Kong for some reason

I thought Jaws did everything Kong did, but better, so ROTM was always a step up for me

ROTM still gets "that's the best ride in that park" type comments

Considering that, and the current theme park climate

I feel like this attraction has the potential to have a coolness factor that people rant and rave about when they get home

Specifically if Universal is using a special type of VR goggles with uber amazing quality

Reactions: jansenhammond
Gringotts also got blasted by fandom when it opened. The GP rightfully loves it though. Generally, short of Hagrids, it has the longest daily lines at Universal, even though it's a pretty high capacity attraction.
That could speak to the park that Gringott’s is in, and the other headlining type rides they have....

No people said it wasn't enough coaster and everyone thought it'd be the Mummy but longer.
I’m discussing for why Gringotts is so busy compared to other things. If I’m going to USF for a day, there isn’t a ton stopping me from Gringotts being priority #1. Where at IOA you have a few more popular, and newer, attractions, that are outside of the Wizarding World. VC being one of them. Gringotts is THE attraction at USF right now.

I’m discussing for why Gringotts is so busy compared to other things. If I’m going to USF for a day, there isn’t a ton stopping me from Gringotts being priority #1. Where at IOA you have a few more popular, and newer, attractions, that are outside of the Wizarding World. VC being one of them. Gringotts is THE attraction at USF right now.
Well, Kong in that IOA loaded with top attractions, , which was also blasted by fandom when it opened, generally has the longest lines at IOA, short of Hagrid's and the new coaster attraction. It has high capacity also. The GP votes with their money. Kong gets lost in the fandom love, but the GP likes it a lot. Kong is far from 'THE' fan love attraction, but it does well GP wise. .

Well, Kong in that IOA loaded with top attractions, , which was also blasted by fandom when it opened, generally has the longest lines at IOA, short of Hagrid's and the new coaster attraction. It has high capacity also. The GP votes with their money. Kong gets lost in the fandom love, but the GP likes it a lot. Kong is far from 'THE' fan love attraction, but it does well GP wise. .
Not discussing screens specifically, more so how deep their e ticket level attractions are in each park. Gringotts is biggest in USF easily, where IOA has Kong, VC, FJ, Hagrid’s, and Spider-Man

Not discussing screens specifically, more so how deep their e ticket level attractions are in each park. Gringotts is biggest in USF easily, where IOA has Kong, VC, FJ, Hagrid’s, and Spider-Man
Yes. I was referring to the same as you. Overall strength of 'ride' attractions. Though USF has Gringotts, Transformers, Mummy, MIB D/E tickets. IOA a bit ahead. . Though events, parades, shows etc. helps bring USF closer to IOA in overall strength of park. .Bottom line on the discussion though is about fandom having different views on the relative popularity of attractions than the GP. The GP counts though. They spend 'their' money. Many fans never even make it into a park. They're You tube and Twitter people more than real customers. Spending money in the parks, park hotels, and restaurant/bars/ gift shops gives the GP opinion way more importance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I think the love Kong like Gringos is for the details more than the actual rides. They are good but the setting completes the experience