(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gringotts also got blasted by fandom when it opened. The GP rightfully loves it though. Generally, short of Hagrids, it has the longest daily lines at Universal, even though it's a pretty high capacity attraction.
Yep, and IMO it's lightyears better than and more re-rideable than FJ

I think everyone built Gringotts up in their head a bit too much

Same with Mummy really, part of that was Universal's fault

But yeah, the GP doesn't normally have any pre-concieved expectations

If the rumors are true, give them a few days to take down the show equipment/anything of value before they put up construction walls to start demo. I don't think a demo permit has been filed yet however?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
They have to keep building Potter things every couple years to satiate the hungry rights contract. With Epic opening later, I don’t think they have much of a choice.
But....that's a good thing. ....Potter stuff always ends up very high quality. No cutting corners with Rowling & Warner in the shadows....and the Potter Money Machine makes
more than enough to fund other projects.

But....that's a good thing. ....Potter stuff always ends up very high quality. No cutting corners with Rowling & Warner in the shadows....and the Potter Money Machine makes
Yea, it's not necessarily a bad thing, just a reality that seems to dictate how some decisions are made.

So, when someone asks me if I think Universal will cancel the broomstick VR because NY Store beat them to it? No. Will they postpone it or move it back to Epic? No. Will they remove Potter from the new park now that they moved the broomstick thing to Studios? No.

Just drop in a highly themed butterbeer stand and it gets paid for....

Reactions: Mad Dog
They have to keep building Potter things every couple years to satiate the hungry rights contract. With Epic opening later, I don’t think they have much of a choice.
Does the contract require them to keep building Potter stuff in perpetuity?

At a certain point they'll have to overlay individual guests

Does the contract require them to keep building Potter stuff in perpetuity?

At a certain point they'll have to overlay individual guests
Is this new information?
It’s my own interpretation. And it’s not technically a requirement, but it does ensure they’ll keep renewing each time it’s up again.

It’s my own interpretation. And it’s not technically a requirement, but it does ensure they’ll keep renewing each time it’s up again.
All it means from my perspective is that when the rights contract is up, WB is going to have them by the balls and basically be able to ask for the moon since Universal can't afford to lose Potter with how ingrained into the parks it is.

All it means from my perspective is that when the rights contract is up, WB is going to have them by the balls and basically be able to ask for the moon since Universal can't afford to lose Potter with how ingrained into the parks it is.
Comcast might just buy Warner by then, even if it's a hostile takeover. . Probably would be a cheaper avenue.....Also, there may be renewable options on the rights contract that we're not privy to.

Reactions: Disneyhead
With how frequently merch percentages are renegotiated and the entire contract up for renewal every 5 years, they ALWAYS have Universal by the balls.

Comcast might just buy Warner by then, even if it's a hostile takeover. . Probably would be a cheaper avenue.....Also, there may be renewable options on the rights contract that we're not privy to.

or have a minority share of WB/Discovery once things fall into place..

Is it odd that I'm kind of hoping they make a full scale dining option for Universal Florida? London makes so much sense for a high end option.

That would make me so happy

Universal really is investing in The Wizarding World, which seems to be relatively evergreen, not just Potter of course.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Comcast buying Discovery/Warner is something I just don’t see as a viable option, especially mergers are going to be much more highly scrutinized going forward to prevent monopolies (at least in the near term) from what I’ve heard. Disney got lucky and simply had good timing on the Fox merger, as that administration was much more lenient on regulations.

Reactions: natespf