RunDisney | Inside Universal Forums

RunDisney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow! They are voting with their dollars. Run brings a lot of visitors.

Not just the visitors. The city of Anaheim made millions each marathon from Disney. Disney had to pay Anaheim for the street closures, staffing, security, ect... The city of Anaheim has been bullying DLR and Disney literally just ripped that money out of Anaheim's hands. It's hardball now.

Not just the visitors. The city of Anaheim made millions each marathon from Disney. Disney had to pay Anaheim for the street closures, staffing, security, ect...
So does it even out? I would think it would be a win for Anaheim? Dis pays the bills and the city get the bucs. Sounds like they would want that to continue.

So does it even out? I would think it would be a win for Anaheim? Dis pays the bills and the city get the bucs. Sounds like they would want that to continue.

The move by Disney was done in spite of the Anaheim City Council not approving Disneyland's eastern gateway parking structure and new transportation hub.

If Anaheim had not denied the eastern gateway, the D23 expo would have seemed much less one-sided.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The move by Disney was done in spite of the Anaheim City Council not approving Disneyland's eastern gateway parking structure and new transportation hub.

If Anaheim had not denied the eastern gateway, the D23 expo would have seemed much less one-sided.
And because they denied it, DLR is now 100%, no questions asked going to be a cluster as far as parking goes. They needed the Eastern Gateway done by SW:GE opening and Anaheim gave them the finger.

This is Disney showing the city that maybe they should be a little bit nicer to their biggest tax payer and major tourism draw. They have power too and can cut the city out of money at the drop of a hat.

And because they denied it, DLR is now 100%, no questions asked going to be a cluster as far as parking goes. They needed the Eastern Gateway done by SW:GE opening and Anaheim gave them the finger.

This is Disney showing the city that maybe they should be a little bit nicer to their biggest tax payer and major tourism draw. They have power too and can cut the city out of money at the drop of a hat.

Logistically, I know they'd never do it, but could they close the eastern entrance and force everyone to enter through the Downtown Disney side? Or is that forbidden in their agreements with the city? If they could, I'd think that simply putting the plans in for submission would eliminate any complaints from the hotel owners about the new garage.

Logistically, I know they'd never do it, but could they close the eastern entrance and force everyone to enter through the Downtown Disney side? Or is that forbidden in their agreements with the city? If they could, I'd think that simply putting the plans in for submission would eliminate any complaints from the hotel owners about the new garage.

The whole point of the eastern gateway is to accommodate the huge new parking structure and relocate the transportation hub to allow DCA more expansion space. From my understanding a new parking structure is planned for DTD anyway to be built with the 4th hotel.