Santa Monica to USH | Inside Universal Forums

Santa Monica to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 9, 2017
Hi, we are a family of 9 (5 adults / 4 kids) travelling from Australia and staying in Santa Monica.

We would need 3 taxis so that's an expensive exercise to get to USH. We are considering the metro trains. Is that a good idea?

I haven't had any success finding a private shuttle/mini bus service that lets us stay at USH until late.

PS: we are looking at heading to the USH on either April 11, 12, 13 or 14. Is there a recommended date for the best experience?

Also I understand it's around Spring Break so is a Front of the Line pass recommended?

Metro is not a bad idea, however plan accordingly, as the trip back may be quite tiresome and long. 

If you're staying near Downtown Santa Monica, take the trek to the Downtown Santa Monica Expo Line station heading towards 7th Street/ Metro Center. From there, make the transfer downstairs to the Red Line headed towards North Hollywood and Stop at the Universal City station.

Be aware that the Universal City station could be sketchy at night, and the Expo Line headed back to Santa Monica could be delayed from time to time; however, those dates are weekdays after the general spring break, I would expect light to moderate crowds. With that said, I would still highly recommend a Front of the Line Pass. Your day will be much more enjoyable if you do so, and may be finished faster. 

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
^Actually, those dates are exactly the Spring Break for all of the LA Unified School District, which is the 2nd largest school district in the country, so I would expect it to be pretty crowded.  If you can afford the Front of the Line passes, I'd do it.

I've never noticed the Universal Station being sketchy (it's actually in a decent neighborhood), but I haven't been in it at night either.

Weird, as far as I remember it is for the week before. 

In that case I highly recommend a FOL pass. 

Last edited by a moderator: