Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Season Pass purchased online = Early Admission?

Sep 2, 2015
If you purchase your season pass online, does this give you the 1 hour early admission into the park? Or are those only for single day tickets?

When you're on the purchase tickets page, you can see across the page on top that Early Admissions as part of the EZ Rez benefits. In the terms & conditions of the selected tickets, the part concerning early entry looks the same for the single day, double days and season pass.

Sol I read it as applies to all tickets online.

I asked this question to guest relations back the in the spring, and they told me that as long as it's purchased from universalstudioshollywood.com, season passes are eligible for early entry. And, indeed, I was able to use early entry with my season pass, purchased online.

In practice, I have heard that they don't really enforce this. So basically anyone with any sort of ticket can get early admission. (I guess if you have sort of voucher that has to be taken to the ticket booth, there might be a problem. You have to have something you can take directly to the turnstile.)

I've had mixed results. Most of the time, they let me in with a season pass. But a few times, I was told it didn't count, and they made me wait. This was the old version of the Platinum pass.

I now have the new one, which I did buy online, but I have no idea if it would count or not. Again, I'm guessing it would depend on which employee I got. Since I don't really feel,like playing the lottery like that, I generally skip it. 

I've had mixed results. Most of the time, they let me in with a season pass. But a few times, I was told it didn't count, and they made me wait. This was the old version of the Platinum pass.

I now have the new one, which I did buy online, but I have no idea if it would count or not. Again, I'm guessing it would depend on which employee I got. Since I don't really feel,like playing the lottery like that, I generally skip it. 

Any new pass purchased using Universal's online ticketing system should work, so any older passes (such as the old Premium Pass) do not apply.

I haven't had any issues with the Platinum Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Thanks for all the replies. We'll purchase them online and take our chances. Trip is next month. I'll report back if there are any issues.

I haven't had any issues with the Platinum Pass.

Jon, is the early entry for the first time use of your pass only? I ask because I have the platinum and bought my little sister a season pass and Saturday is her first day. She really wants to do early entry. Can I get in with her?

Jon, is the early entry for the first time use of your pass only? I ask because I have the platinum and bought my little sister a season pass and Saturday is her first day. She really wants to do early entry. Can I get in with her?

I've been able to use it repeatedly for what it's worth.

That's my understanding, too. I actually have an email reply from Universal to back this up. Specifically, they wrote this:

[SIZE=12pt]Each ticket purchased online now offers Early Park Admission. If you purchase an Annual Pass, you will have Early Park Admission included each time you visit the parks[/SIZE].