Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

Does anyone know what actually ships from overseas for a B&M coaster? The track is fabricated in Ohio, so I'd assume it's computer control equipment or something like that along with trains.

Does anyone know what actually ships from overseas for a B&M coaster? The track is fabricated in Ohio, so I'd assume it's computer control equipment or something like that along with trains.
Some rumors I heard were two trains were being shipped...Not sure if it's to SeaWorld or to Ohio

I wonder if anyone's been past the fabricator's yard lately for pictures. I assume if they're shipping things from Europe, the fabricator is making track sections as well.

WildGravityTravels went out there the other day. The only track still visible outside Clermont is the IC2-K invert track for Gröna Lund. Back in February there was some purple track and some light teal track for unidentified projects, but those pieces are no longer there. They were likely for projects overseas though.

Some rumors I heard were two trains were being shipped...Not sure if it's to SeaWorld or to Ohio

And yes, the "rumors" come from the speculative post I made on Reddit a few days ago. It was a 14 piece shipment from B&M to SWO weighing over 22,000lbs. If you want to read the full post and not just out-of-context bits and pieces that are making their way around the web here it is:

Last edited:

As far as I know, Orion already has all of its trains. No other reason for anything to be shipped here. That leaves Candymonium at Hersheypark and Emperor at Sea World SD. My guess is that they all have their coaster trains already, as well.

It seems a bit early for SW to get trains, but who knows

Agreed. I'm simply suggesting that I doubt Kings Island or Hersheypark need anything for their new B&M toys. They said that the delivery was for SWO but, not being an expert in such things, I have no idea what you would ship when construction has barely begun.

Agreed. I'm simply suggesting that I doubt Kings Island or Hersheypark need anything for their new B&M toys. They said that the delivery was for SWO but, not being an expert in such things, I have no idea what you would ship when construction has barely begun.
Yeah, it's odd

Does all track/nuts and bolts pass through Ohio first for quality control or can things go straight to the parks?

Perhaps a dumb question.

Yeah, it's odd

Does all track/nuts and bolts pass through Ohio first for quality control or can things go straight to the parks?

Perhaps a dumb question.

I'm not sure. I am fairly certain that all the track is fabricated and painted at the Clermont Steel Fabricators facility. That includes supports and track. I have no idea about the nuts/bolts. never thought about it before. I usually only worry about that when I'm riding and going upside-down. It is kind of fun to see a big piece of track or support heading down the interstate but I haven't seen that very much.

Putting some thought into it, I can't imagine that the surf coaster's seating position would be prone position. With SW already having a flying coaster, that seems a bit redundant. If I was a betting man, I'd say they probably figured out a more comfortable restraint for standups and adapted it to the wing coaster.

Standups are cool and all, but I have serious doubts about my reproductive health after riding Vortex at Carowinds one too many times. :look:

Putting some thought into it, I can't imagine that the surf coaster's seating position would be prone position. With SW already having a flying coaster, that seems a bit redundant. If I was a betting man, I'd say they probably figured out a more comfortable restraint for standups and adapted it to the wing coaster.

Standups are cool and all, but I have serious doubts about my reproductive health after riding Vortex at Carowinds one too many times. :look:

I've found stand ups to be more comfortable than flying B&Ms.

I had a rather unfortunate experience on Manta last time. Got onto the train, locked in, nice and comfy and set off. Heading up the lift hill, I slipped back into my seat and for lack of a better description, caught myself. I was too strapped in to readjust. The ride was bad enough but as fate would have it, we were stopped on the final brake run for about 5mins.

Be glad that you never experienced the Togo stand-ups. It should have been called "Togo Tippy-Toes" as you did everything possible to avoid having the bicycle seat violate sensitive areas. Mantis at Cedar Point was okay but killed my calves on some of the inversions. I'm curious about the B&M Surf coaster but also have doubts. While I appreciate the attempts, you just can't beat the old tried and true inverts or sit-downs (including floorless and dive coasters). The Intamin wing coaster looked interesting but also very intense. I would like to see a junior hyper added to a park like Sea World with plenty of twists and dives, instead of out and back airtime machines. I like those well enough but a nice twisted B&M would be fun.

I think there is weight to the "wing rider" rumor for SeaWorld...Meaning, the new Surf concept has elements of that

Who knows...But a hybrid of the wing rider and stand up would be fire

Another thought that I’d say is less likely, but still a thought. What if Surf Coaster refers to the part of surfing where someone goes from laying down to standing up. Maybe this Coaster would change the rider position partway through like that Vekoma prototype frima while back?