Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

You know what... I originally thought a Sea Rescue ride would be stupid and bad in general, but if they do it right; it just might work. If it takes over Wild Arctic then they could also finally get a coherent theme going on over by the Shamu Stadium area of the park.

Here are some images of the proposed ride ideas for Sea Rescue:
aLDlDKM.jpg

Uj0quqA.jpg

0qP3RVX.jpg

jVOg60S.jpg

Deep ocean thing would be awesome.

This Ocean Explorer is that for Orlando then? Could be a dark ride\water ride combo, of course would make it similar to JTA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally looks like things are moving in the right direction. The park badly needs investment and new attractions, it's also not a bad idea to build hotels especially if they follow the cabana bay model.

Dark ride for SWO and SWC. I'm guessing it may replace the Wild Artic simulators...

Also, there's a bit of buzz about the Rudolph (Rankin Bass) characters coming for Christmas 2016. Good addition to their already great Christmas Celebration.

I hope they'll also give JTA some TLC. And the smoke effect in Antarctica is either broken or retired. (When you exit the room with all the lights, there use to be a pop of smoke.)

Shamu 360

FYI everyone. The statement that they were discontinuing theatrical Killer Whale shows at the San Diego park is a little misleading. They will instead only have educational shows similar to the new Dolphin Days show they debuted this year. It will focus more on education and natural behaviors and less so on entertainment and music (but those will still be present).

In all honesty about the Sea Rescue ride replacing the Wild Arctic ride, I really hope it doesn't. Wild Arctic could be an amazing ride with a little reprogramming and new film. Cheap enough so that they can advertise a new ride and make little investment.

FYI everyone. The statement that they were discontinuing theatrical Killer Whale shows at the San Diego park is a little misleading. They will instead only have educational shows similar to the new Dolphin Days show they debuted this year. It will focus more on education and natural behaviors and less so on entertainment and music (but those will still be present).
Ah. Orlando had something like that when they refurbished the Shamu stadium..

In all honesty about the Sea Rescue ride replacing the Wild Arctic ride, I really hope it doesn't. Wild Arctic could be an amazing ride with a little reprogramming and new film. Cheap enough so that they can advertise a new ride and make little investment.
I agree, with a bit of effort they could nicely redo that area and refurbish the ride and exhibit.

I kid you not you guys.. I had the ride concept for the top 2 images in my head this morning because I was thinking about Nintendoland and how much I used to be obsessed with Wave Race for N64 and how I could have worked that into a ride system. :lol:

Local news reported on this as well, appears it should be 3 major rides and 2 minor ones. First major is Mako, then a minor, then a major etc. I think the Ocean Rescue will be the 2017 minor, so 2018 hopefully will give us a major coaster again.

I kid you not you guys.. I had the ride concept for the top 2 images in my head this morning because I was thinking about Nintendoland and how much I used to be obsessed with Wave Race for N64 and how I could have worked that into a ride system. :lol:

Wave Race! I had completely forgotten about it. Loved that game.

Kinda bummed we're not getting anything related to the top 2 concept pictures. Looks like a really cool ride system similar to the "motorcycle" coasters in Europe and soon to be Shanghai Disneyland. While the last picture certainly looks interesting, it's definitely still a minor attraction that I doubt will be heavily marketed. I'm really glad that Sea World is finally pumping money into their attractions, though. The more people coming through those gates, the more money that they can put towards what they do best.

Kinda bummed we're not getting anything related to the top 2 concept pictures. Looks like a really cool ride system similar to the "motorcycle" coasters in Europe and soon to be Shanghai Disneyland. While the last picture certainly looks interesting, it's definitely still a minor attraction that I doubt will be heavily marketed. I'm really glad that Sea World is finally pumping money into their attractions, though. The more people coming through those gates, the more money that they can put towards what they do best.
The Tron ride sounds like it will be insane.

This is all really positive stuff. As if the next 5 years in Orlando weren't exciting enough, we have this to look forward to as well.