Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Passwords? Tips?

Jun 25, 2019
Northern CA
So i will confess, I have been visiting USH for years and it wasn't until my digging for JW opening rumors that i stumbled on a few sites that spoke to "secrets of US". Some were obvious, like hitting the big attractions first (duh), but the one that stood out to me was that each ride had a password that, when spoken to the attending worker, granted you fast pass access.

Is any of this true? How does one even get this information? I am not trying to violate any forum rules or anything so let me know if i am here, but what's this all about? sounds pretty cool and its very possible I am just the last one to know - haha.

Are there any other tips i should be employing when i go this weekend?

Finally, to help on this forum, when i do go (and i am sure we have many on site already) is there anything i can bring back to the forum as far as intel that folks would want to know? Ill be there Saturday - all day and night.

Thanks!
Cheers

Most rides at USH have a password, it's called Express. The easy way to get it is add it to your park admission. Or if you want super exclusive access sign up for a VIP tour.

So i will confess, I have been visiting USH for years and it wasn't until my digging for JW opening rumors that i stumbled on a few sites that spoke to "secrets of US". Some were obvious, like hitting the big attractions first (duh), but the one that stood out to me was that each ride had a password that, when spoken to the attending worker, granted you fast pass access.

Is any of this true? How does one even get this information? I am not trying to violate any forum rules or anything so let me know if i am here, but what's this all about? sounds pretty cool and its very possible I am just the last one to know - haha.

Are there any other tips i should be employing when i go this weekend?

Finally, to help on this forum, when i do go (and i am sure we have many on site already) is there anything i can bring back to the forum as far as intel that folks would want to know? Ill be there Saturday - all day and night.

Thanks!
Cheers

I've never been given a password, but I believe when rides go down and you're at or near the front of the line, TMs may issue a password for a return through Express when it does open back up so you don't have to wait in the full queue again.

I won't get in to details, but it's very easy to game the Child Switch passes (especially for rides on the Lower Lot), which are essentially Express passes.

Generally, "secret passwords" are only granted as a result of breakdowns (if paper passes aren't available) and via team members to friends. It often isn't in effect and was routinely abused, leading to clampdowns from management.

Basically, don't assume you can use them.

Yes, echoing above, I've only been given passwords when a ride goes down. And it does change from time to time... while I can't remember either one now, back was Transformers was still new, we had two different breakdowns (different days), and were given two different passwords. So even if you get to know one, there's no guarantee it'll work later on. So don't get too excited.

I’ve gotten one when my (then 6 year old) daughter hit 48” and was tall enough for FJ and was insanely excited (and super cute in a robe) about 4 years ago. The guy, who I assume was the manager, said whatever the word was and said she could ride it as much as she wanted. We had express because we were at Royal Pacific, but that was before FJ had express pass.

That’s happened once. I’ve stayed on site maybe 100 days. Let’s say I average 15 rides a day. So... 1 in a 1,500 odds? And even then, If you aren’t a cute 6 year old, your odds go down further.