Should Universal Move HHN to Possible 4th Park? | Inside Universal Forums

Should Universal Move HHN to Possible 4th Park?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Move HHN to new Park

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
Aug 19, 2009
Southern US not Fl
Universal is calling Volcano Bay Third Park .So any New Park Built (on those 600+ acres they bought) would be the 4th Park.If they purpose built a section of the New park for HHN They could Keep the others open later .
Plus it would free up room at the Studio's.I realize this will be 10 + years away . Imagine a ground up built HHN park.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
I have a feeling from what everyone has said, you'll see Gate 4 sooner than later..but as for the terms of designing a section entirely for it..

I believe some people in the know said that the eventual third theme park (not mentioning Volcano Bay) would not include Horror Nights in any format. That said, a lot of people are having hope that they will do a land based on the Classic Monsters in some capacity for the third park.

I think a lot depends on what that park ends up being like. If it is a good fit I wouldn't mind at least having it there a year or two. It really comes down to what that park is like though.

If they ever decide they want to take out the soundstages for future development I could see moving HHN to that park making it easier to do that.

That actually would work. An area of the park that changes seasonally. Winter its Xmas town with Rudolph etc thanks to the acquisition of dreamworks. Spring could be Universal Cool. Summer Universal Jump. Fall could be dedicated to HHN and boost attendance all year round.

Remember the reason HHN was created was to add revenue to a slow time, when the parks were already closing early (usually 6pm) anyways
It probably also helps to get people into the new park and give it a shot(especially locals). I would imagine that played a role in HHN being in IOA.

I like the idea of designing the new park with HHN in mind. But having the event away from the larger property means not only loss of income for CityWalk but also a lot of inconvenience for on site hotel guests.

You could always hold a Not So Scary HHN at the new park:ears::D

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I like the idea of designing the new park with HHN in mind. But having the event away from the larger property means not only loss of income for CityWalk but also a lot of inconvenience for on site hotel guests.

You could always hold a No So Scary HHN at the new park:ears::D

I'm legitimately surprised that they still haven't done something like Not So Scary for IOA, as that would be a insanely perfect fit.

Perhaps its just due to crowd flow that it may not be feasible but it would logically make sense if they wanted to have for crowds of all ages.

Cosplay/Halloween costumes are a huge part of entertainment, and imagining if they did an event similar for IOA would be amazing that'd be for kids and adults (because when you consider this park has Marvel, Toons, Seuss, Jurassic Park and Potter..).

..back to the topic, If anything; I have to think that Gate 4 will finally get the parade/crowd flow on lockdown as that has to be considered in some way.

I would like to think that the next gate will be better designed for parades and have some sort of off season events. I hope that last part is something original and more kid/family oriented. We have enough food, flowers and music events.

Seems like Universal is the only place that is not kid friendly for Halloween. IOA would make sense but it or the new park is better than nothing. Marketing could be the Halloween version of Mission Space's more/less intense ride choice.

Of course it could also mean increased business for the businesses at the new site and greater convenience for the guests at whatever new hotels get built there as well.

No for one reason, the 4th gate is most likely going to be built around lands based on specific IPs. In my opinion what makes universal Florida such an incredible place for HHN is that the lands can be used as a blank canvas for great decorations and atmosphere. Look at psychoscrapy last year, it really felt like a Halloween party in the middle of a city, you couldn't get that same feeling with nintendo stuff everywhere. That and HHN was made for that park, the hotel packages, city walk, all centered to go there. I hope universal will use the new park as another friendlier Halloween event instead

No for one reason, the 4th gate is most likely going to be built around lands based on specific IPs. In my opinion what makes universal Florida such an incredible place for HHN is that the lands can be used as a blank canvas for great decorations and atmosphere. Look at psychoscrapy last year, it really felt like a Halloween party in the middle of a city, you couldn't get that same feeling with nintendo stuff everywhere. That and HHN was made for that park, the hotel packages, city walk, all centered to go there. I hope universal will use the new park as another friendlier Halloween event instead
This is a good argument against it and I agree with it for the reason you stated. HHN can overlay much better at the more generic themed USF. However this is also a good argument against putting it in IOA, and that happened.

Reactions: Cole
This is a good argument against it and I agree with it for the reason you stated. HHN can overlay much better at the more generic themed USF. However this is also a good argument against putting it in IOA, and that happened.
But HHN did not stay in IOA for long. I think Cole nailed it.

Reactions: Cole
But HHN did not stay in IOA for long. I think Cole nailed it.
I think HHN may have been put in IOA to help out the new park and to get people in the park so they could see it and give it a shot. I'm not saying the 3rd park would necessarily be a good park for HHN, just that the potential may be there for history to repeat itself.

Well IOA had that exact problem, JP and sometimes LC were pretty much the only lands that could be changed enough to the extent of NYC but even then they had to have some sort of fantasy or nature setting in order to make it fit. Areas like toon lagoon and marvel just bombed because they couldn't break the theme around it. You have a point just for the promotional aspects though, I would love for them to build extra soundstages and stuff specifically for HHN like carnage, that would be a real plus

Reactions: s8film40
I think HHN may have been put in IOA to help out the new park and to get people in the park so they could see it and give it a shot. I'm not saying the 3rd park would necessarily be a good park for HHN, just that the potential may be there for history to repeat itself.
This is a good point. IOA was considered a disappointment and did not get even the same attendance that US did. It took Harry Potter to help it catch up.

How will the new park do in comparison? I suspect the early weakness of IOA is well remembered by Universal and they have plans to make sure history does not repeat itself. My best guess is another Wizarding World land but I also still have high hopes for Lord of the Rings. No knowledge, just hopes.

Maybe having HHN would help a new park, but I don't think a new park would help HHN. It's up to Universal to decide which is more important.

This is a good point. IOA was considered a disappointment and did not get even the same attendance that US did. It took Harry Potter to help it catch up.

How will the new park do in comparison? I suspect the early weakness of IOA is well remembered by Universal and they have plans to make sure history does not repeat itself. My best guess is another Wizarding World land but I also still have high hopes for Lord of the Rings. No knowledge, just hopes.

Maybe having HHN would help a new park, but I don't think a new park would help HHN. It's up to Universal to decide which is more important.

Well, a lot of IOA's attendance problems stemmed from the confusing marketing around the entire resort as a whole (Universal Escape!) and I don't see them making that mistake again with the new park. Likewise, I think we can expect more hard hitting IP's to be present in the new park. Marvel wasn't the powerhouse when IOA opened that it is today, Seuss appealed to a younger audience, Toon Lagoon isn't exactly home to headlining IP's, and Lost Continent was entirely original... Jurassic Park was the only area that had any real drawing power when the park opened in terms of overall general guest brand recognition and popularity.

I think when we see the next park opened, there will be a far better marketing plan in place, and more current and relatable IP's to pull guests in. I'm willing to bet when it opens, HHN won't be needed to get guests in the gate.

Well, a lot of IOA's attendance problems stemmed from the confusing marketing around the entire resort as a whole (Universal Escape!) and I don't see them making that mistake again with the new park. Likewise, I think we can expect more hard hitting IP's to be present in the new park. Marvel wasn't the powerhouse when IOA opened that it is today, Seuss appealed to a younger audience, Toon Lagoon isn't exactly home to headlining IP's, and Lost Continent was entirely original... Jurassic Park was the only area that had any real drawing power when the park opened in terms of overall general guest brand recognition and popularity.

I think when we see the next park opened, there will be a far better marketing plan in place, and more current and relatable IP's to pull guests in. I'm willing to bet when it opens, HHN won't be needed to get guests in the gate.
:agree:

IOA has a great mix of IPs but nothing from that time that would have stood out. Today's theme park additions are much more IP based so I am sure Universal is going after the best ones possible with survey tablets in hand to find out what would draw the masses in.

Reactions: Stitch_101