Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Show Cast Teams

Mar 7, 2022
Ive been a fan of shows at Universal since the 90’s. WaterWorld, Spiderman Rocks, Beetlejuice etc.

One thing Ive always been curious about is how the casts for these shows is scheduled. I know they, at least in the past were ranked by color “teams”.

Red
White
Blue
Green
Yellow

They are called “teams” but often I would see a mixture of different performers working together in a given show?

For instance, some of the performers would do all 5/6 shows in a given day, where as some roles would be split between two people.

Example: Waterworld is scheduled for 5 shows in a given day, the Deacon is played by the same actor for all 5, but Helen and an the water skier have shows split between two performers.

Has anyone here worked at Universal and has some insight on how this worked?

Thanks!!!

I'm afraid I can't help too much, but what I do know is that, as of 2020, performers were paid by the show. Meaning they have a rate associated with each completed performance, thus incentivizing them to perform as many times as they can in a given day, schedule permitting. I'm guessing Action Horizons maybe institutes certain safety/endurance protocols for certain roles - it may not be practical for people to perform the more intense/demanding positions too many times a day, hence your example. I'm afraid that's about all I know.