Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

Very cool. Do you have a larger photo?

I won't be specific, but I saw them playing a video game in the theater once. Good to see Shrek useful for something.

^ Now THAT'S cool! I'd love to play a game in there! Reminds me of when they were testing how 3D would work for Star Tours by playing the Its Tough to be A Bug 3D footage in the cabins.

How large is the Shrek building? Would a proper non projection based ride fit in the building?

^ Now THAT'S cool! I'd love to play a game in there! Reminds me of when they were testing how 3D would work for Star Tours by playing the Its Tough to be A Bug 3D footage in the cabins.

How large is the Shrek building? Would a proper non projection based ride fit in the building?
Definitely not. The Shrek 4D building is extremely small, which explains why there was only room for one auditorium. When it eventually gets replaced, the only thing that will fit there is another show or projection-based ride like Despicable Me. I've been on Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem in Florida with high expectations and excitement, only to be ever so slightly disappointed at the strong similarity to The Simpsons Ride. That's not to say it wasn't a great attraction I'd go on over and over again! I've attached a photo below showing Shrek's building size in comparison to the rest of the buildings in the Upper Lot. The Shrek building is exactly in the center, right next to the blue awnings.

ush-aerial.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I think a classic dark ride on the scale of Cat in the Hat from Florida would fit perfectly in the Shrek building. Its actually not THAT small, and a decent size family dark ride could potentially fit! I hope Universal would go that route.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great if we had a dark ride there! It'd just be a fairly big challenge trying to squeeze a new attraction in there once the Wizarding World consumes a good fourth of the Upper Lot. Flex spaces are always nice, but I'm sorta tired of the theater feel in the park.. I realize it is the movie theme park, but we have way too many simulators and sit-down attractions, if you catch my drift. I actually want to sit in a ride vehicle and move somewhere, rather than sitting in front of a screen. They could at least put the area to good use. What franchise do you think Universal would pick to create a new attraction there?

Possibly. It'd make for a better family attraction. There are rumors for a potential Grinch ride to be placed over in Orlando, so maybe we could get the same thing? Maybe Cat in the Hat could work too. I'm personally not a huge fan of the whole Seuss spectrum but it's always nice to have a variety in the park. If MIB wasn't such a huge attraction, I'd suggest that!!  B)

Well comparing it with terminator is not that small... a dark ride please!!! No more simulators... and well I still hope for Gringotts...

Well comparing it with terminator is not that small... a dark ride please!!! No more simulators... and well I still hope for Gringotts...
Haha it sounds like you'd really love Gringotts! They could always go the worst route and just throw in another show to make up for the loss of Terminator...  :unsure:

Haha it sounds like you'd really love Gringotts! They could always go the worst route and just throw in another show to make up for the loss of Terminator...  :unsure:
Well it's just that I am hoping we are not gettign the shorter end of the stick here in USH as we usually do, except for JP, which in my biased opinion since I haven't been in the Florida one, is the best since we get the falling car, 2 appearances by the T.REX and an actual waterfall with a complete T.Rex approaching you before the fall... but Florida gets all the jungle feel... getting back to the subject...I hope we don't get like one attraction (Journey of the Forbidden Forest) and like one gigantic themed part with shops everywhere just to milk money out. If it's going to be a Potter land it needs like at least 2 or 3 real thrill rides... By the looks of the blueprints of Gringotts, it looks like it's going to be an awesome coaster...

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great if we had a dark ride there! It'd just be a fairly big challenge trying to squeeze a new attraction in there once the Wizarding World consumes a good fourth of the Upper Lot. Flex spaces are always nice, but I'm sorta tired of the theater feel in the park.. I realize it is the movie theme park, but we have way too many simulators and sit-down attractions, if you catch my drift. I actually want to sit in a ride vehicle and move somewhere, rather than sitting in front of a screen. They could at least put the area to good use. What franchise do you think Universal would pick to create a new attraction there?
The franchise I think Universal would pick is probably something for families like a Suess attraction 

We all need to understand that we simply don't have enough room at USH and that comes standard with being an USH fan. We're getting a clone of Forbidden Journey, Hogwarts queue/tour, Hogsmeade, and possibly the Hippogriff coaster. There's no room for anything else

I'll be really surprised if Universal decides to add an attraction along with The Forbidden Journey. They can't afford to have any outdoor coasters due to sound control, and so far, there's only been one JP ride, one Mummy ride, one Simpsons ride, etc.

The Wizarding World shops in Orlando are truly interesting, and make for a more immersive experience. The only reason we get the shorter end of the stick every time is because we're squeezed in the heart of mountainous L.A., while Universal Orlando is beautifully laid out in an extremely flat location, making for easier construction.

Remember that queue rumor that's been lingering around? I'm thinking it could come true come fall.

After all, there's a reason why Halloween Horror Nights isn't using that location this year for a maze.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exciting if it's true....in a way haha. I hope they improve the attraction somehow as well.

Regarding HHN not using the extended Shrek queue for a maze this year, does that really make a difference for Shrek? The extended queue for Shrek is never used anymore. Last time I was in it was 2002 I think. Universal wouldn't spruce up the extended queue, would it...?