Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Silver Dollar City

Folks are being told this was the last weekend for Lost River, the park's rapid ride. The channel has some issues from cracks that formed after an earthquake a few years back. The rumor is, that another Rapids eide will go in, much like Infinity Falls but with a taller drop. If this is true, this Mark's the first time Herschend has worked with Intamin in like forever. I had heard they never would. So, it seems 2020 will be a new raft ride but worse is the whole riverfront is going to get a big makeover. It will be a while before we hear a word of it official.

That line-up of entertainment and festivals is really impressive. I can understand why SDC is considered such a hidden gem. It’s rare to see that kind of care and ambition from a regional park, and proves that exciting additions don’t have to be coasters.

Good to see them continuing to embrace entertainment & shows. That's what elevated some of the regional parks into the upper level, over and above, the 'coaster' parks. Dollywood & SDC seem to get it. Whereas Hershey & BGW, that have eliminated much of their live entertainment the last few years, don't get it anymore.

The rendering looks a lot like Infinity Falls, but it looks like the new smokehouse is going to be a part of it (much like the one at SWSD). Nice addition to that park.

EB3zuLpXUAMSnpb

To bring up the conceptual art..

It also looks like it has more things to go wrong and cause downtime. Intamin gimmicks like the elevator always seem prone to downtime. SeaWorld has had it's share with their simple version of the elevator, one that rotates just seems like more trouble.

It also looks like it has more things to go wrong and cause downtime. Intamin gimmicks like the elevator always seem prone to downtime. SeaWorld has had it's share with their simple version of the elevator, one that rotates just seems like more trouble.
With Intamin's reputation, I'm not sure I would get on that contraption.

I don’t think this is Intamin. For some reason, I thought this ride was being done mostly in house.
Oh, even better.

"Come on down to Jethro's Fix-All Shop. From John Deere to Mercedes-Benz. We fix it all! We also build things. Need a new windmill and well? We got you covered. Be sure to stop in this weekend for our Father's Day Specials! Half off all refurbished chainsaws!"

Oh, even better.

"Come on down to Jethro's Fix-All Shop. From John Deere to Mercedes-Benz. We fix it all! We also build things. Need a new windmill and well? We got you covered. Be sure to stop in this weekend for our Father's Day Specials! Half off all refurbished chainsaws!"

Manufacturer: Design & Construction by
  • Silver Dollar City in partnership with R.E.S.
  • Barr Engineering
R.E.S appears to be Ride Engineers Switzerland but I couldn't find too much more out about them. So, not "Jethro's Fix-All Shop". It is "Franz's Toboggan and Ice Pick Repairs". Just kidding. They appear to have some interesting designs.

Manufacturer: Design & Construction by
  • Silver Dollar City in partnership with R.E.S.
  • Barr Engineering
R.E.S appears to be Ride Engineers Switzerland but I couldn't find too much more out about them. So, not "Jethro's Fix-All Shop". It is "Franz's Toboggan and Ice Pick Repairs". Just kidding. They appear to have some interesting designs.
"Swiss Engineered" sound a good bit better than "Engineered ri'chere in good ol' Branson, MO!"