Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Well after searching for the thread, I’m kinda shocked there isn’t one for Fiesta Texas already so I’ll make the thread with a brief trip report.

I happened to be in Texas for a few days so I figured I would use my Six Flags pass to stop by to ride Iron Rattler again and go on Dr Diabolical.

Iron Rattler is a fantastic ride. Easily the best coaster in Texas. Currently at the middle of my top 10 but towards the bottom of the RMCs. Still a fantastic ride.

Dr Diabolical was a pleasant surprise for me. It’s probably my favorite of the new B&M dive coasters I’ve been on and probably my second favorite dive with Sheikra being my favorite. I’ve been on Oblivion, Sheikra, Valravyn, Emperor, and Diabolical. The vest restraints were, to my shock, barely noticeable. That’s a huge plus for me as the ones on Emperor really suck and I can’t remember how the ones on Valravyn are. There’s some really good airtime over that beyond vertical drop and over that bunny hill. Overall this is a very solid addition for the park and it’s a good ride. I wouldn’t mind seeing this at SFMM.

Also I think this is the nicest looking SF park that I’ve been to. Having gone to SFMM, Great Adventure, Over Texas, Fiesta Texas, and Discovery Kingdom, I would rank this as my third favorite six flags park. Superman is my favorite B&M floorless, Road Runner is a solid family coaster, Wonder Woman is fun, but a little janky, and Poltergeist is a solid launch coaster and looks great with the update. Pirates is also a fun little shooting ride that has that haunt smell.

If you’re in Texas and have a Six Flags pass, I really recommend you stop by! I think this is one of the better Six Flags parks. Although downtime issues can be a little annoying with some of their rides, the rides feel pretty well maintained. The fact that an old launched coaster (Poltergeist) and an old B&M floorless feel great is a testament to how well maintained the coasters feel.

Just now seeing this report LOL This is my home park and I agree it's one of the best in the chain. It almost feels like it's not owned by Six Flags considering how it's been getting a steady stream of new rides and "first of it's kind" attractions compared to other parks. Even with Dr. Diabolical, the queue itself is far ahead of anything at any Six Flags park.

SFFT seems to be successful simply because of Jeff Seibert running it and making sure it gets the improvements it needs. I wish he was running the whole chain...