Skold '22 TR: Uni and BGT, and also maybe some lunch | Inside Universal Forums

Skold '22 TR: Uni and BGT, and also maybe some lunch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First RD was… interesting. There was an AP-only entrance at the IOA exit. Didn’t save too much time, but the line definitely was shorter.

Hagrids was the target but it was down. So we were able to do VC x 2 and FJ all as walk-ons. Maybe most people attempted to wait out the Hagrid downtime?

We got there at 7:15, they let us in at 7:45, and when Hagrids was back up around 8:30, it had a wait of 240 mins. We preceded to RD Marvel.

At CBBR pool now; we’ll try Hagrids right before close.

First RD was… interesting. There was an AP-only entrance at the IOA exit. Didn’t save too much time, but the line definitely was shorter.

Hagrids was the target but it was down. So we were able to do VC x 2 and FJ all as walk-ons. Maybe most people attempted to wait out the Hagrid downtime?

We got there at 7:15, they let us in at 7:45, and when Hagrids was back up around 8:30, it had a wait of 240 mins. We preceded to RD Marvel.

At CBBR pool now; we’ll try Hagrids right before close.
I think they said they planned on having the AP entrance until the end of the month.

Reactions: Skold
RD VB today. Opened at 10:00, EPA at 9:30. We got to the CBBR,VB gate at 8:45 and were second in line. Thing is, they didnt open the gate up until 9:20! I wonder if this is so they don’t give the CBBR guest, the moderate guest, a head start. This is new since last year.

Still did Krakatoa x 2, Oh No, Oh Ya, and Ika Moana as walk-ons. Beers are over $10 now, so I proceeded to spend a a lot of money watching the volcano while my kid went on the coffin slides on his own. :grin: :cheers:

Love it here!

Still at CBBR and we got, again, a room in our favorite tower in Americana that faces VB. VB side w/o the upcharge!

EAD48B65-6179-464E-A8E0-80611CD8FF87.jpeg
06CFBAC6-C491-40F2-86FB-CC51555BB865.jpeg

I’ve noticed before that they turn the water off at night, understandably, but I have just noticed that people are up in the drop tower coffin room with flashlights every night. Is this regular daily maintenance? If not, I hope they fixed whatever it is because I lost a dinner bet with my kid and I have to go down the red slide tomorrow. :afraid:

At Atomic Tonic right now and we are getting Rick Rolled with some kind of mash-up. :lmao:

Big problem at VB RD today… EPA was at 9:00 but I thought it was 9:30. That 30 minutes is huge. Got there at 8:45 and the lines were 60 deep or so. Still got on Krakatoa, Ike Moana, and the Green/Orange one as mostly walk-ons. That red drop is freaking crazy. Not too much different from my turn on the Serpentine Slides years ago.

This still holds up except for the OhNo part:
  • The free fall was great except for all the water up my nose and mouth. Once I could breathe again, it was like a faster version of a tube slide such as Ohno. Then you crash into a wall of water that is the bottom pool and relive all of the water into all of your face holes.
  • I said "never again" in that instant but I cannot stop thinking about it.
That holds up!

Saw Drawn to Life last night and it was pretty great. This was the third Cirque show I have seen, and it did not have as many crazy stunts or optical illusions, but it still was very nicely done. Edison for dinner, liked it quite a bit, and my Tesla shirt brought up convos about him vs Edison. Or at least I think it did; I am very aware about not holding servers hostage, as they are paid to be nice. Pretty great Disney Springs outing though!

Last edited:
Yesterday was mostly hanging out at the hotel to avoid Memorial Day crowds. Both the Hideaway and Atomic Tonic had their taps down though! Luckily I picked up some Jai Alai at Publix in the morning so I did the “pour a drink in the room and bring it down“ thing. I cannot endorse this under normal operations, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

We were able to hit Hagrids and VC at night though, so it all worked out.

RD today and it went great. Arrived at 7:15, they let us in at 7:45, and we were off Hagrids by 8:30. AP entranced opened after we got there so we did not use it. Not sure if it would’ve made a difference though. Off to Mythos soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bort
Back home!

UOR was great to us as always. We saw quite a few line-cutters (3 on Hagrids, 1 on VC, and 1 on HRRR); my wife has the best thing for this: that is okay but in the future, line etiquette is that the up-line party waits for you. Listen, we are all in this together.

Busier then usual but still fun as hell.

BGT worked out awesome thanks to @MakoMania and @shiekra38 . IG is worth it, Cheetah Hunt was great. And how about Cobra's Curse? What an unexpected gem!

And for lunch: yeesh, BGT sucks for food but the new Serengeti bar is pretty great. Cigar City Fancy Papers on tap! :cheers: