Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think he's trying to add enough attractions where he can advertise Skyplex as its own park on the scale of SeaWorld or Six Flags. It won't get there, but with one or two more attractions (one of which must be a dark ride right?) I wouldn't be against him calling it an amusement park.

I have stopped holding my breath on this project. I was last in Orlando in April and was kind of bummed I hadn't seen any progress. I haven't given up hope though. When and if this ever comes to be, I'll be ready to ride. If not, I have plenty of other places to go. In terms of it being a whole day type destination/full size park? I don't see that.

I have stopped holding my breath on this project. I was last in Orlando in April and was kind of bummed I hadn't seen any progress. I haven't given up hope though. When and if this ever comes to be, I'll be ready to ride. If not, I have plenty of other places to go. In terms of it being a whole day type destination/full size park? I don't see that.
Skyplex may happen. They have bought all the property so IDK.
ISquare ma happen because they already own the land.

Maybe the projects are too tall? .

I've given up on both happening unfortunately. Supposedly 4th quarter 2017 is when we should see earth move but....

Any updates on this project?

I'd imagine Disney and Universal both are doing everything they can to stop Skyplex, correct?

I'd imagine Disney and Universal both are doing everything they can to stop Skyplex, correct?

There's been virtually no news for about half a year and the opening date has always been getting pushed back. I'd be curious to see it open and experience it but I just can't see it ever getting built and my bigger fear would be that it gets built and then fails leaving a huge eye sore on I Drive.

I honestly have to think Skyplex, more and more when they delay; is just white noise.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and they start construction soon; but I think it's a lucrative and possibly dumb choice.

I honestly have to think Skyplex, more and more when they delay; is just white noise.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and they start construction soon; but I think it's a lucrative and possibly dumb choice.
At the same time, I could see them partnering with Merlin to offer some sort of I-Drive attractions ticket, sort of like how Uni partners with SeaWorld with certain ticket packages.

At the same time, I could see them partnering with Merlin to offer some sort of I-Drive attractions ticket, sort of like how Uni partners with SeaWorld with certain ticket packages.

I am going to be the stickler and honestly doubt that they are going forward with the current version. Either that, or it wouldn't happen at all.

Do they still do the Flex Ticket? I thought that was only a thing when both resorts were owned by Blackstone.

Do they still do the Flex Ticket? I thought that was only a thing when both resorts were owned by Blackstone.
The Orlando Flex Ticket went away once Wet ‘n Wild closed. There had been versions of it since at least the mid-90s:
universal-studios-sea-world-wet-n-wild-3-park-pass-ticket-deal-1996-01.jpg

It became the Flex Ticket when Islands of Adventure opened in 1999:
flex%20ticket%205.jpg

The Orlando Flex Ticket went away once Wet ‘n Wild closed. There had been versions of it since at least the mid-90s:
universal-studios-sea-world-wet-n-wild-3-park-pass-ticket-deal-1996-01.jpg

It became the Flex Ticket when Islands of Adventure opened in 1999:
flex%20ticket%205.jpg

That takes me back when you could buy the flex ticket for 2 weeks and Disney tickets that would never expire and do both resorts while spreading the cost over several years.

That takes me back when you could buy the flex ticket for 2 weeks and Disney tickets that would never expire and do both resorts while spreading the cost over several years.
Places like attraction ticket direct will sell you the equivalent of a Flex Ticket, but they are just separate tickets for SW/BGT and UOR at a combined price.

I don't see this happening unless the Skyplex folks end up partnering with some number of other I-Drive attractions (or Merlin). All of these stand-alone I-Drive attractions are crazy expensive when you look at the $/hour you're spending. I would imagine Skyplex would be on-par with the Orlando Eye and have a <5 min ride-time.

I think we're due for another announcement of a opening date extension and addition of another attraction.
While they didn't formally say it, one of his prerequisite projects, which was the Hollywood Plaza parking garage suffered a setback with the loss of its 2nd and best tenant, the rooftop Le Cirque Circo. He's previously indicated he wanted to get that project built and fully occupied before he began Skyplex to fund the financing payments for it. He previously said that should be done early next year but with this loss, it remains to be seen how long it takes to do that.