Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's quite shocking how the city hasn't really tried to improve the look of I-Drive over the past few years.
I’m pretty sure and I think there already plans to improve the road. Also is not bad place just very touristy being in Orlando metro you should expect that.

:lol: 2020? Sure, Jan.

I mean... it could theoretically happen since he seems to indicate things have been scaled back a bit and the coaster would be the main thing. Coasters are quick builds, but it’s about seeing actual movement. The Perkins has to close still, for example.

Wallack has built Mangos and that new garage though and I don’t think he built a 900 space garage for his health so I’m still going to remain cautiously optimistic that this will happen in one form or another. It seems like a vanity project.

I mean... it could theoretically happen since he seems to indicate things have been scaled back a bit and the coaster would be the main thing. Coasters are quick builds, but it’s about seeing actual movement. The Perkins has to close still, for example.

Wallack has built Mangos and that new garage though and I don’t think he built a 900 space garage for his health so I’m still going to remain cautiously optimistic that this will happen in one form or another. It seems like a vanity project.

Coasters are quick builds sure but a 550ft structure isn’t.

To clarify, I don’t expect it to open next year. But I do think it will happen eventually bc as I said, this screams vanity project to me.

It is definitely a vanity project for Wallack, but I have serious doubts it will ever actually happen. I recall the financing that was announced (which was only like half of what he was trying to get) being viewed as shady Chinese investment, and there's been some backtracking in that area (see Zhonghong or however you spell it, a large shareholder in SeaWorld) that makes me wonder if even that is still secured. The parking garage was built primarily for Mangos, as I believe there was also going to be a small parking structure on the Skyplex side as well.

All of that information and the interview link itself is actually the last thing we talked about in this thread.

Personally, I think it'll happen in one form or another because it's a vanity project for Wallack, but i'd love to see any evidence that they have the funding. The Perkins needs to close before they can do anything (ya know, like build an even BIGGER Perkins), so until they close, there's really nothing to see here.