Spaceship Earth: Our Shared Story | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spaceship Earth: Our Shared Story

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Who did the original track and ride vehicles?

Would they contract Vekoma to retrack it? Is that even possible?

RevFreako

Premium Member
BANNED
Mar 30, 2015
My working theory is still that we're getting ninety percent of the Epcot upgrades, just slower If SSE goes down for three years, we're getting the retheme.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
My working theory is still that we're getting ninety percent of the Epcot upgrades, just slower If SSE goes down for three years, we're getting the retheme.
I think Poppins is the only thing that doesn't happen, tbh.

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Water leakage isn’t SSE’s main problem by a long shot (not that it isn’t a problem). It’s only the most visible problem of the bunch, because when the drainage system leaks at the bottom of the sphere it makes a small waterfall over the entrance.
It's no joke, there is literally a water fall in the summer right where you're supposed to walk

I'm surprised the ride doesn't smell like water/mold more tbh

belloq87

Veteran Member
Dec 7, 2009
Universal Exports
WDWNT is reporting as a "rumor" that the project his back on (in some form), with Spaceship Earth slated to close within a few months. Insiders on Magic have yet to weigh in.

The ride track obviously needs to be redone, but I remain uneasy about tinkering with the rest of the attraction (pre-descent sequence).

And I'll be bummed if it comes to fruition and is closed by my trip in November.