Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to think the Spider-Verse elements will be quick and introductory. They can't do it all in one movie and it must be about planning for the next big Avengers event. If I had to put money on it right now, this is going to be more of a Cumberbatch/Cox situation than a Maguire/Garfield one. Dealing with Peter's identity crisis is going to take a lot of screen time.

The good news is we'll know what's going on pretty soon because it's Sony and they tell you everything in their trailers.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
I have to think the Spider-Verse elements will be quick and introductory. They can't do it all in one movie and it must be about planning for the next big Avengers event. If I had to put money on it right now, this is going to be more of a Cumberbatch/Cox situation than a Maguire/Garfield one. Dealing with Peter's identity crisis is going to take a lot of screen time.

The good news is we'll know what's going on pretty soon because it's Sony and they tell you everything in their trailers.
I have a feeling a lot of this will get cleared up tomorrow during the Investor's Day as far as official casting. I'm not sure if they've been filming for long enough to drop a :30 teaser, but it's too early for that anyway considering the movie doesn't come out for a year.

The last pieces of the puzzle are Vincent Denofrio as Kingpin and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool just because. :lol:

Honestly though, I see most of these characters as being cameos in the movie since a bunch of weird multiverse stuff is gonna be going down. WandaVision is setting everything up, but this movie is gonna do a great job setting up Secret Wars, I think.
Dead Pool would be a fun "mid" end credits thing but the film has so much in it already I hope they do focus on the Peters....and like you said in another post we might hear Sony and Disney are working on Spiderman shows...which could open up these other spiderman or characters to be in show.

Vincent Denofrio would be amazing and so would Wilson Bethel coming back as Bulleye.I think Bulleye from DD was very much not talked about enough (mainly because Defenders Kill people's interest in the other shows along with the fact the shows were not in the MCU) but he killed it as that villain and gave him a great human spin

Reactions: SeventyOne
Dead Pool would be a fun "mid" end credits thing but the film has so much in it already I hope they do focus on the Peters....and like you said in another post we might hear Sony and Disney are working on Spiderman shows...which could open up these other spiderman or characters to be in show.

Vincent Denofrio would be amazing and so would Wilson Bethel coming back as Bulleye.I think Bulleye from DD was very much not talked about enough (mainly because Defenders Kill people's interest in the other shows along with the fact the shows were not in the MCU) but he killed it as that villain and gave him a great human spin
Supposedly the peters and MJ/Gwen aren't supposed to come in until the third act of the movie and both Tobey and Andrew (along with whoever plays Miles, bc there's no way that isn't happening) will also be involved in Dr. Strange supposedly.

Supposedly the peters and MJ/Gwen aren't supposed to come in until the third act of the movie and both Tobey and Andrew (along with whoever plays Miles, bc there's no way that isn't happening) will also be involved in Dr. Strange supposedly.
Then I really hope this is a set up.

I know its partly because I grew up with Spiderman but I just want more from Toby Spiderman....the third movie could have been great if Venom wasn't forced in by Sony (Sony is by far the worst studios with forcing crap in films) So I hope we see more of both Spiderman because both started strong and only faults were once again Sony...Sony screwed up both version's so I hope Marvel is going to help them get these characters to have real endings we all wanted

Then I really hope this is a set up.

I know its partly because I grew up with Spiderman but I just want more from Toby Spiderman....the third movie could have been great if Venom wasn't forced in by Sony (Sony is by far the worst studios with forcing crap in films) So I hope we see more of both Spiderman because both started strong and only faults were once again Sony...Sony screwed up both version's so I hope Marvel is going to help them get these characters to have real endings we all wanted
I do think most of these appearances will be a set up and Multiverse of Madness will be A LOT bigger than we ever realized.

I do think most of these appearances will be a set up and Multiverse of Madness will be A LOT bigger than we ever realized.
Well, we have two Avenger-less Spider-verses in this movie, Jane Foster’s Thor in Love and Thunder, Wandavision, plus whatever alternate timeline craziness Loki is going to cause in his show, or what the Ten Rings or Eternals can do in all of this all prior to Multiverse.

Strange 2 is looking to be far grander than Civil War, at least.

Well, we have two Avenger-less Spider-verses in this movie, Jane Foster’s Thor in Love and Thunder, Wandavision, plus whatever alternate timeline craziness Loki is going to cause in his show, or what the Ten Rings or Eternals can do in all of this all prior to Multiverse.

Strange 2 is looking to be far grander than Civil War, at least.
Thinking of Multiverse of Madness as the Civil War of this Phase is probably a pretty good comparison. I think MoM will be a huge event film, but it's going to also set up an even bigger film in Secret Wars in Phase Five. At least that's where I see it going.

If this is the case - I could see why Derrickson dropped out of the project due to creative differences and why Sam Raimi agreed to direct it.

I just hope the title character -- Doctor Strange himself -- doesn't get lost in the shuffle in his own movie.

Civil War managed to pull it off (depending on who you ask).

d2b77d416ff608f977f38d1992fcf9a1.jpg

I just hope the title character -- Doctor Strange himself -- doesn't get lost in the shuffle in his own movie.
I'm pretty sure Strange and Wanda will be the main characters. The movie is called "Multiverse of Madness", so it makes sense that a lot of weird crap is going down. I think the movie will probably focus on Strange restoring reality.

Back to Spidey 3, It's seeming to me that with Doc Oc, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, Venom and Morbius around that SM3 may be a Sinister Six v. Spider-Man (Spider-Men?) movie. Remember, Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Morbius release before SM3 does and we know Vulture is in Morbius.

Civil War managed to pull it off (depending on who you ask).

d2b77d416ff608f977f38d1992fcf9a1.jpg

To me, CIVIL WAR is actually kind of more Tony's story than anyone else's. He's the one who goes through the most dramatic stuff. But I do agree that it's still enough of Steve's movie to warrant having CAPTAIN AMERICA in the title.

I'm pretty sure Strange and Wanda will be the main characters. The movie is called "Multiverse of Madness", so it makes sense that a lot of weird crap is going down. I think the movie will probably focus on Strange restoring reality.

Back to Spidey 3, It's seeming to me that with Doc Oc, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, Venom and Morbius around that SM3 may be a Sinister Six v. Spider-Man (Spider-Men?) movie. Remember, Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Morbius release before SM3 does and we know Vulture is in Morbius.

I know that Sam Raimi is a big fan of Strange, so I have to believe he'll do right by the character (to the extent he's allowed to do so).

As for Vulture and Morbius, I'm fully expecting them to be involved in Spidey 3.

I think Disney learned with Star Wars that they can't outright disown previous content and continuity in their acquisitions.

Also, I'm betting there is a business side advantage in doing this with their dealings with Sony. They seem to want to own the previous representations of Spiderman the best they can and fold them into the MCU, which, quite frankly seems like a win-win for the fans and the businesses.

Really, Alfred Molina as Doc Ock is probably one of the most memorable comic book movie bad-guy performances of all time. The Raimi Spiderman flicks also match the MCU close in tone. Really, as long as they don't screw this up I think this will be quite the cinematic treat seeing everything folded into one, even as I still am begrudgingly trying to accept, and in many ways still against Disney's imperialistic business practices... Though I do have appreciation for what they've done both on film and as a business.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
None of the trades have reported this yet, so it's still grain of salt, but take this for what you will:

Question: Do you guys think we'll see Charlie Cox actually suit up as Daredevil here or will he just be playing Tom Holland's Lawyer as Matt Murdock (possibly with Foggy and/or Karen Page showing up) and that's it?

Question: Do you guys think we'll see Charlie Cox actually suit up as Daredevil here or will he just be playing Tom Holland's Lawyer as Matt Murdock (possibly with Foggy and/or Karen Page showing up) and that's it?

I think for this film--it'll be just Matt Murdock.

However, I immediately can see him popping in for Moon Knight as Daredevil as an reintroduction of the alias.

I think for this film--it'll be just Matt Murdock.

However, I immediately can see him popping in for Moon Knight as Daredevil as an reintroduction of the alias.
Yeah, that's what i'm thinking. Rumor is he may appear in She-Hulk, although he still may only be Murdock there? I can buy into him revealing himself as Daredevil again in Moon Knight.

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking. Rumor is he may appear in She-Hulk, although he still may only be Murdock there? I can buy into him revealing himself as Daredevil again in Moon Knight.

I'd agree to that.

Perhaps She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, and even Spider-Man 3 to some extent; to build Hells Kitchen to be as it has been famously described. Then, if you bring back Vincent D'onfrio as Kingpin, you can have Spider-Man 4 with Sony and Marvel Studios be about Spider-Man/Peter Parker going at it on Hells Kitchen.

Reactions: Nick