Spider-Man 4 (MCU) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man 4 (MCU)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly I feel like this is the best case scenario. Maybe not the Spider-Man 4 film people wanted him to make but still... If true, this news would break the internet. Also we would probably get the best live-action Spider-Man film we've had in awhile so I hope it happens

EDIT: To add, in the article they mentioned that John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (writers of Spider-Man: Homecoming, directed Game Night and Dungeons & Dragons) and Jon Favreau are also being considered. All decent choices, but my preference/betting is on Raimi coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
Honestly I feel like this is the best case scenario. Maybe not the Spider-Man 4 film people wanted him to make but still... If true, this news would break the internet. Also we would probably get the best live-action Spider-Man film we've had in awhile so I hope it happens

EDIT: To add, in the article they mentioned that John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (writers of Spider-Man: Homecoming, directed Game Night and Dungeons & Dragons) and Jon Favreau are also being considered. All decent choices, but my preference/betting is on Raimi coming back.

Daley and Goldstein would be perfect choices. Especially with how good they delivered DND.

Daley and Goldstein would be perfect choices. Especially with how good they delivered DND.
I would be very happy if they got the gig honestly. Their writing was the best part of Spider-Man: Homecoming. But I think Raimi is the best choice and also the safest option imo

Sam is finally going to get to direct Tobey in Spider-Man 4 let's goooooooooo.

I actually love the idea of Tom Holland's spider-Man potentially going to Tobey or Andrew's universe at one point in the film. At least long enough for us to get to see say, how Tobey's Spidey is living life as an aging spider-man and to see him with Mary Jane again.

What is going on with this movie? We've heard so many rumors of potential directors how has nobody been picked yet???

Every director that's been rumored to direct Spider-Man 4:
Jon Watts
Sam Raimi
James Wan
Justin Lin
Drew Goddard
John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein
Jon Favreau
Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah

...and those are just the ones that WE know about. Lol. It's just weird that this movie is supposed to start shooting THIS year but no director has officially signed on yet. Also the rumors say they want this out by next year!? Oh lord lol. We at least know this movie is going to happen but it feels like one we will never see release but I'm sure it'll be out by 2026. Probably.

This seems to be a personal preference thing, but I REALLY liked Ms. Marvel and think the tone of that series would go well with a Spider-Man movie so I’d be all for Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah directing.

• Love
Reactions: saint.piss
Supposedly expected to be a multiverse story.

This is the exact opposite of what this movie should be. I thought they were clearly setting up a smaller scale SM4, with Peter fighting a street level villain and navigating his rough current life situation. If I had to guess, everyone changed their minds when they saw how much money NWH made and how poorly the MCU was doing at the time. I hope it’s still good ):

Sony sucks so bad with stuff like this

They know what people want a Dare Devil and Spiderman film where they fight street level crimes...it makes soooo much sense with where Peter is at as well

But no gotta have....ummm the other green Goblin come back from Amazing Spiderman 2 and....ummmm Venom from Spiderman 3?

Reactions: bdubsCEO
I feel like the easiest way to chase the multiverse bag after NWH without messing up the plot would’ve been to just greenlight TASM3 and maybee Raimi SM4. Both of those movies would’ve been massive events on the same scale as NWH. Bringing the three Spider-Men back together in literally the next film isn’t going to generate the same hype as just giving all three of them seperate, new movies

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I feel like the easiest way to chase the multiverse bag after NWH without messing up the plot would’ve been to just greenlight TASM3 and maybee Raimi SM4. Both of those movies would’ve been massive events on the same scale as NWH. Bringing the three Spider-Men back together in literally the next film isn’t going to generate the same hype as just giving all three of them seperate, new movies
Yeah

I'm not getting why they are refusing to use the other two Spiderman universes, or you know stick with Into the Spider Verse as your place to tell stories across all spiderman universes