Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's kind of amazing how quickly the narrative around this ride turned around when they just started finishing and revealing the cool stuff they were building. I'm sure there was an audience out there for the (important! interesting in its own right!) narrative around this ride's backstory and its authenticity to the people and culture of New Orleans, but it was almost certainly not the right narrative with which to singularly pitch this particular ride.

Obviously, people would have different standards for, say, a Tropical Americas land being built in Animal Kingdom, where audiences expect cultural authenticity and find it a more integral aspect of that park's appeal.
Yeah. I think I'm somewhat glad they're putting a good bit of thought into these new additions. But I'll be honest and say that any marketing regarding deep lore about the Dwarfs finding the deed to an abandoned middle-ages gem mine, or the authentic Germanic wood carvings used to decorate the scenery around the mountain, were not selling points for the Dwarf's Mine Train personally. It's a fun coaster where I get to see the funny cartoon men in real life. That's really about as deep as it kinda needs to be sometimes.