Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

From now on, please keep this topic solely on the actual redo and what it entails...

Not what Splash was or what it represented. It's just too much of an issue whenever that subject area is broached where people cannot be respectful of the change.

Chapek acknowledged that the attraction has “really high guest ratings”, but that it takes courage to change an attraction that is tied to a movie that Disney has been working hard to distance itself from. Chapek went on to say that Disney has hired a diverse group of people to oversee the conversion of Splash Mountain into a Princess and the Frog-themed attraction.

Chapek acknowledged that the attraction has “really high guest ratings”, but that it takes courage to change an attraction that is tied to a movie that Disney has been working hard to distance itself from. Chapek went on to say that Disney has hired a diverse group of people to oversee the conversion of Splash Mountain into a Princess and the Frog-themed attraction.
Don't cut the budget Bob-o

Its insane how much Disney is willing to just avoid this

Like Pony up the money...my god. I hate Disney talks about how they support all these groups but when it comes to money they always cheap out and show that its all a lie and for show

They should set a reasonable budget on this and stick with it (just like all of their builds). If they implemented these easy steps, they would never have to cheap out. They're too bloated right now and need a commercial Tums.

And nobody's talking about the real news from that story, which is that Bob Chapek again revealed himself to be a person who knows virtually nothing about the history of the theme parks he currently runs!

He twice said the ride is 60 years old.

I say this with little hyperbole: I think most of us know more about these parks' histories than he does.

And nobody's talking about the real news from that story, which is that Bob Chapek again revealed himself to be a person who knows virtually nothing about the history of the theme parks he currently runs!

He twice said the ride is 60 years old.

I say this with little hyperbole: I think most of us know more about these parks' histories than he does.

Im willing to forgive him since he probably misspoke about the film, not the ride. BUT, the film is closer to 75 years old not 60.

Im willing to forgive him since he probably misspoke about the film, not the ride. BUT, the film is closer to 75 years old not 60.

Yeah, he's fairly inaccurate either way.

And sure, it's true that I'm extremely biased against him in basically every respect, so I'm not inclined to feel forgiving of his misstatements.

I'm not optimistic this is going to be a good overlay. I just can feel it. Chapek saying that SM is 60 years old doesn't give me any hope he has some care about this project. I just don't see Chapek wanting this to be great tbh.

They better either leave this ride alone or spend all the money and resources necessary to make this great. Don't just "right the wrongs" at the expense of quality and call it a day.

I'm not optimistic this is going to be a good overlay. I just can feel it. Chapek saying that SM is 60 years old doesn't give me any hope he has some care about this project. I just don't see Chapek wanting this to be great tbh.

They better either leave this ride alone or spend all the money and resources necessary to make this great. Don't just "right the wrongs" at the expense of quality and call it a day.
Chapek is CEO. The only thing I want him to know the intimate details of is the pocketbook. Creative isn't his job. Knowing the story details of a racist ride that's getting rethemed and a racist movie they're never releasing again is several big steps below his pay grade, and the amount of yawping the fandom is doing about it is telling. I'm not a huge fan of Chapek, and recognize that he's an interim guy, but criminy sakes, this doesn't matter.

I just don't see Chapek wanting this to be great tbh.

I'm not certain Chapek is interested in making anything "great." Just "good enough." What is the minimum effort that can be applied to project X that will still make it look good from a 30,000-foot view (but not quite hold up to full scrutiny from a closer look). And until something opens in the States -- that went through both the design and construction phases while he was in charge of Parks or as CEO -- that WOWs me, I give him no benefit of the doubt.