Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

Even if it’s the right move I just don’t see PatF coming anywhere near close to the magic that Splash USED to have for me.

Last edited:
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Key word is used to, meaning it doesn't anymore. It's an effectively tainted attraction for reasons people have outlined now. My point is that pre-2020, it was one of two attractions that made MK worth visiting for me. Now, there is just one even before Splash closes, and I don't expect PatF to fill that void even though it is the right call.

Last edited:
Although Splash Mountain is one of my favorite attractions at Disney World, I think the retheme to Princess and the Frog is a good call. While I think the ride did a good job of removing the offensive elements of Song of the South (the plantation framing device, Uncle Remus, etc.) while keeping the better elements of the movie (the animated characters, the catchy songs) I still think it's problematic to have an attraction be rooted in a film that's been essentially banned by Disney for racist depictions.

I just hope Disney gives the retheme the budget it deserves. Tiana deserves an amazing attraction, not a low-budget hack job. I think $100-$200 million will be needed to be spent each at both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom to do the extensive retheming necessary and to replace all of the animatronics. A Princess and the Frog Splash Mountain can be GREAT if Disney spends the money it needs to. Give us several Tiana and Naveen and Louis animatronics. Don't go cheap with a bunch of screens!

As to the legacy of Brer Rabbit...it's complicated. The character has roots in African folklore and stories about him were passed on by slaves in America. But then he was appropriated by Joel Chandler Harris and later Disney. I don't think the character should be completely forgotten as he has some historic importance, but I don't think the Disney version of the character (with its associations with Song of the South) needs to live on.

Conspiracy moment…what if Disney never intended on replacing the ride in Orlando, but instead generated a short term squeeze in the market to boost souvenir sales during the height of the pandemic? :look:

Conspiracy moment…what if Disney never intended on replacing the ride in Orlando, but instead generated a short term squeeze in the market to boost souvenir sales during the height of the pandemic? :look:

If they knowingly lied, they could possibly find themselves on the pointy end of a class-action vs. shareholders like the WWE did over the Saudi Arabia shows.

If they knowingly lied, they could possibly find themselves on the pointy end of a class-action vs. shareholders like the WWE did over the Saudi Arabia shows.
So they could face class-action for the Main Street theater being canceled?

Keep in mind they still haven’t announced a timeline when this would take place.

So they could face class-action for the Main Street theater being canceled?

Keep in mind they still haven’t announced a timeline when this would take place.
I believe I said "knowingly" - and also "possibly." Ask any of the lawyers in the community if you want more than a layman's wildassed guess. :)

I mean the ride will get changed at least at Disneyland

But I doubt Tokyo will follow (which im fine with...gives them an "exclusive") but I hope at the least Disney keeps Splash Merch alive for a little while after PATF opens. I think they can easily make money off the character and upset no one by doing so

Why do we keep coming around to this conversation with no proof whatsoever? Until there is any credible rumor (or word from Disney) that the retheme is in trouble or not happening, then it's happening. End of story.

This is nonsense to keep bringing up these conspiracy theories that hold no weight and only stir the pot. Do I think that Disney is taking advantage of the ride getting rethemed by selling as much Splash merch as possible? YES. Does that mean that the retheme isn't happening? NO.

Why do we keep coming around to this conversation with no proof whatsoever? Until there is any credible rumor (or word from Disney) that the retheme is in trouble or not happening, then it's happening. End of story.

This is nonsense to keep bringing up these conspiracy theories that hold no weight and only stir the pot. Do I think that Disney is taking advantage of the ride getting rethemed by selling as much Slash merch as possible? YES. Does that mean that the retheme isn't happening? NO.
It is happening but at WDW? Maybe not

They are cutting budget stuff left and right, so I can see it not coming for years over there

Disneyland, ohhh yes and they also have an easier time rethemeing that section of the land to be New Orleans if they like. Also Tokyo I just don't think they are interesting in it...the characters do well there and I see zero reason they need to change since troubled past of the characters doesn't affect them

I'm pretty sure it's still coming, but I'm guessing it will be later than everyone thinks. At this point from my understanding the "new attraction pipeline" for WDW is:
  • Rat (2021)
  • Tron (2022)
  • Guardians (2023)
  • NOTHING (2024)
Since they haven't started any kind of construction for 2024 and beyond yet and it takes the 4-5 years to build anything most of the time I'm guessing that Princess & The Frog retheme could be marketed as their 2024 addition.

It is happening but at WDW? Maybe not

They are cutting budget stuff left and right, so I can see it not coming for years over there

Disneyland, ohhh yes and they also have an easier time rethemeing that section of the land to be New Orleans if they like. Also Tokyo I just don't think they are interesting in it...the characters do well there and I see zero reason they need to change since troubled past of the characters doesn't affect them
It is happening at WDW as of right now. There is no evidence that it isn't happening. There is no rumors that it isn't happening at WDW (credible rumors). Until we start to hear rumblings that it might not happen in WDW based on actual things that are happening and not just people saying things because they want it not to happen, then it's happening.

This goes for everyone, unless you have a credible source to back up a claim that it is not happening in WDW, then kindly stop mentioning it. You can't speak things into existence simply because you don't want to see it happen. They announced this very early in the design phase, much like Pandora, which is why we are hearing silence on it currently. It was the same situation with Pandora - there was a long period of silence and people tried to wishfully speak into existence that the project had been cancelled when it was simply being designed still.

I'm pretty sure it's still coming, but I'm guessing it will be later than everyone thinks. At this point from my understanding the "new attraction pipeline" for WDW is:
  • Rat (2021)
  • Tron (2022)
  • Guardians (2023)
  • NOTHING (2024)
Since they haven't started any kind of construction for 2024 and beyond yet and it takes the 4-5 years to build anything most of the time I'm guessing that Princess & The Frog retheme could be marketed as their 2024 addition.
Sounds plausible. I'm 'guessing' Disney is going into one of their budget conscious 'no new attractions phases', except the ones already started. That leaves redos/refurbs of existing attractions, like Splash, as their marketing avenue .I'm
'guessing' the Orlando Disney/Universal 'new attractions race' is over, and is being conceded to Universal. Chapek is CHEAP personified.

Sounds plausible. I'm 'guessing' Disney is going into one of their budget conscious 'no new attractions phases', except the ones already started. That leaves redos/refurbs of existing attractions, like Splash, as their marketing avenue .I'm
'guessing' the Orlando Disney/Universal 'new attractions race' is over, and is being conceded to Universal. Chapek is CHEAP personified.
This, unless Poppins is the only 2024 addition :stun: