Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

I'm positive Disney wants to push the make-over as a brand new E-ticket attraction so the name has to go. And how do they explain a "mountain" in New Orleans?

I’ve mentioned this before, and the solution is simple: call it Splash Bayou. You still get the familiarity of the name with the acknowledgement of a new experience within a new setting.

Obviously need to put the "PatF" name on it. But Splash Bayou is a great subtitle.

Obviously need to put the "PatF" name on it. But Splash Bayou is a great subtitle.

I’m not opposed to that, but the attraction has always been known as Splash Mountain without any reference to its IP. It’s never been Song of the South’s Splash Mountain or Brier Rabbit’s Splash Mountain. Perhaps a poor example because of Disney wanting to separate the IP from the attraction, but you get what I mean.

I have the feeling if they don’t include “Splash” in the title, the general public might wonder where Splash Mountain is as it’s a widely known attraction.

I’m still hoping they save this concept for its own attraction. I understand the intent behind changing Splash but I feel they could possibly do a re-write and distance it from the original IP.

All fair points. I still think they need to include Splash in the title as to not confuse the GP. Splash Bayou is just the cleanest replacement IMO.

I mean makes sense because Mickey is next year
But 4 years from announcement is a long time for a redo of a ride

hopefully they get the funding to redo the surrounding area and make it the bayou