Spring Break BGT Trip by Train | Inside Universal Forums

Spring Break BGT Trip by Train

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 27, 2010
South Carolina
Hey guys!

For spring break, I decided to do something different with my god son and take the train down vs flying or driving. I plan on leaving Columbia, SC monday, april 1st and arriving into Tampa about noonish. Staying in Tampa (BGT and adventure island) until tuesday evening and catching the train to Orlando. Spending wed and thur at sea world and aquatica, then catching the train back to to Columbia. I chose this method because for my god son and myself it was only 171.00 including tax for the both of us together! Now here is where I need you guys help. Its been since 2005 since I have been in the area so I have a few questions...

From the amtrak station, is there public or really cheap transportation to/from BGT and surrounding areas?

Any hotel reccomendations close to the park?

Is adventure island really worth it? (God son has been to carowinds water park, aquatica and water country USA)or spend both monday and tuesday at BGT?

I would appreciate all the help I can get!

Hey guys!

For spring break, I decided to do something different with my god son and take the train down vs flying or driving. I plan on leaving Columbia, SC monday, april 1st and arriving into Tampa about noonish. Staying in Tampa (BGT and adventure island) until tuesday evening and catching the train to Orlando. Spending wed and thur at sea world and aquatica, then catching the train back to to Columbia. I chose this method because for my god son and myself it was only 171.00 including tax for the both of us together! Now here is where I need you guys help. Its been since 2005 since I have been in the area so I have a few questions...

From the amtrak station, is there public or really cheap transportation to/from BGT and surrounding areas?

Any hotel reccomendations close to the park?

Is adventure island really worth it? (God son has been to carowinds water park, aquatica and water country USA)or spend both monday and tuesday at BGT?

I would appreciate all the help I can get!

With transportation I may not be as much of a help as I like. I took an Amtrak from Tampa to Deleware once and it was a heck of a trip. Met some interesting people and traveled over night. But I agree with the longer it takes you get it for a lot cheaper and can take much more luggage and carry ons. With the Amtrak Station in Tampa it was near downtown and I don't remember much going on there. Not a huge station or anything. You would likely have to get a taxi or some bus route to look into. Sorry I cannot be more help.

As for Adventure Island I would not recommend it unless you are really water park kind of people. Aquatica and other water parks are likely to rate much higher than Adventure Island which offers nothing extra or really unique to what other water parks now offer.