Star Wars Weekend Predicament | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Weekend Predicament

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
Hey Guys!

So I'm in a little bit of a crunch. I'm going to be in Orlando from May 16th-22nd. We will be going to the Disney Parks for 3 days and Universal for the other 2. The issue I'm having is we were trying to avoid Hollywood Studios at all costs from May 17th-19th because of Star Wars weekends, but now it seems we must go on one of those days due to other plans with friends were meeting.

Which of those days do you expect we will see the lightest crowds? And what is your definition of "light"? lol

Thanks! :wave:

Actually you may luck out with crowds. Usually the Star Wars events/shows/M&G are where the long lines will be. The rest of the park shouldn't be to crazy to be honest with you. I think Sat are EMH so you may want to go on a Sunday to avoid the resort rush

Also, here is what we want to do there!

Star Tours (at least twice)
Indiana Jones
Muppets
Lights Motors Action
Backlot tour
American Idol
Great Movie Ride
Little Mermaid
Beauty and the beast
Rockn Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic

- - - Updated - - -

Actually you may luck out with crowds. Usually the Star Wars events/shows/M&G are where the long lines will be. The rest of the park shouldn't be to crazy to be honest with you. I think Sat are EMH so you may want to go on a Sunday to avoid the resort rush

Awesome!

You will be fine. Even if you went on Saturday you will be fine. I'd hit RnR and ToT first and grab fast passes also if you want. Then the rest hit at your leisure though out the day. I won't last year around the same time and was surprised how everything was walk on or a short wait for a big part of the day. Even Star Tours was a walk on for the first hour it was open

Here is what I would do considering it is a Star Wars Weekend and you desire to ride Star Tours twice. Get there before rope drop. Boogie over to Star Tours as fast as your little feet will carry you.Get a FastPass then hop in the stand-by line. There is your 2 trips on Star Tours. After that get a FastPass for Rock'n Roller Coaster then jump in Tower's stand-by line. After that everything else should have a pretty short line.

PS, I am glad Toy Story Midway Mania isn't on your list as that would throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Here is what I would do considering it is a Star Wars Weekend and you desire to ride Star Tours twice. Get there before rope drop. Boogie over to Star Tours as fast as your little feet will carry you.Get a FastPass then hop in the stand-by line. There is your 2 trips on Star Tours. After that get a FastPass for Rock'n Roller Coaster then jump in Tower's stand-by line. After that everything else should have a pretty short line.

PS, I am glad Toy Story Midway Mania isn't on your list as that would throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Okay...I don't mean to play devil's advocate but I forgot that ride :'(

If I wanted to include that, how would it change the schedule? :thumbs:

Thanks by the way for everyone's help so far!!!

Okay...I don't mean to play devil's advocate but I forgot that ride :'(

If I wanted to include that, how would it change the schedule? :thumbs:

Thanks by the way for everyone's help so far!!!

Hit TSM first or run and grab a fastpass really quick for later then follow the same plan :lol: If you go Saturday TSM will already be a zoo with EMH being able to get in an hour before the general public so a fastpass will most likely be your best bet at that point.