Star Wars Weekends 2012 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Weekends 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 14, 2010
Disney announced the dates for Star Wars Weekends. They are:

May 18-20
May 25-27
June 1-3
June 8-10

From Disney Parks Blog:

Star Wars Weekends is an annual event that celebrates the Star Wars film saga and the hit animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. During the celebration, we host special shows, presentations and offer some pretty cool memorabilia. During the special event, we host special shows, presentations and offer some pretty cool memorabilia. Check back on the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months for more details about this annual celebration of all-things-Star Wars.

Glad to hear that Disney is keeping this running. It's my favorite time to go to DHS and I'm glad it isn't getting the axe like ESPN.

I agree. This is one of my favorite events and I always have a great time every year. I'm glad it's not going the way of ESPN The Weekend.

Also for you Star Wars fans Celebration 6 is returning to Orlando. If you have never heard of it look it up. Movie Props, Movie stars, George Lucas came to Celebration V in Orlando. And many Super Hot Slave Lea's.

SWW is the only reason I bother with DHS but it's so worth it. I used to work this event, actually. Good times. But yea, free autographs, pictures, and meet/greets with Star Wars Stars, wicked cool merc, iconic atmosphere characters, and Hoopla? I'll take two! Also, CVI should be fun. I went to CV and it was a blast.

From Disney Parks Blog:

As previously mentioned in this post, Star Wars Weekends – one of the most popular month-long events at Walt Disney World Resort – returns to the Disney’s Hollywood Studios galaxy in May and June this year.

Today, we’d like to announce two of the talented Star Wars stars that will serve in Celebrity Host roles this year. They are both Star Wars Weekends veterans, so we’re especially excited to welcome them back again.

cha923199LARGE.jpg

Ashley Eckstein and James Arnold Taylor – who provide the voices of Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, respectively, for the popular animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars – will join us for the duration of the 2012 event in their host roles.

James is the Official Celebrity Host of Star Wars Weekends 2012, and Ashley is Celebrity Host of “Behind the Force,” a show that gives fans a behind-the-scenes glimpse at Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

One of the most versatile voice actors today, James not only is famous for the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but many other popular characters from films, television, advertising and video games. He’s the current voice of everyone’s favorite resident of Bedrock, Fred Flintstone, and has a list of character voice credits including Green Arrow, Johnny Test and Ratchet (from the “Ratchet & Clank” video game series), just to name a few.

Ashley, who provides the voice of Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker’s eager Padawan learner, is no stranger to Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. She practically grew up (literally) in the middle of the magic. Her father was a longtime Disney Parks cast member and her first plunge in show business was as a parade dancer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s full circle for Ashley; little did she know that the street (Hollywood Blvd.) where she performed in daily parades would someday be the same street where she’d be center stage as one of the featured celebrities in Star Wars Weekends motorcades. In the time since Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuted, Ashley also has become a fashion designer and head of her own company, “Her Universe,” that specializes in merchandise and apparel specifically for female sci-fi fans. Look for some of her latest Star Wars-inspired designs this year during Star Wars Weekends.

We’re excited to once again welcome James and Ashley, who entertained Star Wars Weekends audiences last year in their Celebrity Hosts roles, back for another year of galactic fun. We hope you’ll join us!

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for future updates about the event, special activities and the rest of the Star Wars celebrities that will make appearances each weekend.

What is sad is the main featured guests of the event are becoming more and more of the toon spin off characters as well as video games rather than the actual movie celebs.

What is sad is the main featured guests of the event are becoming more and more of the toon spin off characters as well as video games rather than the actual movie celebs.

true, but Star Wars Celebration VI is this year... and James Arnold Taylor did have a great one man show showcasing voice over, voice doubling, and everything...

The cartoon is the current market. I can't really blame them for bringing them to SWW. But Park, Davis, Daniels... still SWW regulars. I do have to say though, Bravo to SWW getting Billy Dee Williams when they did. CV was the same year and Billy was unable to attend. I'm glad I met him when I did at Hollywood Studios.

I am not saying it is Disney's fault. Just sad to realize the times are a changing from the source.

And I am jealous Billy Dee Williams is Boss.

I may or maynot have nerded out and visited SWW dressed as Dagobah Luke... but at any rate, I DID meet Billy Dee! And it was awesome!!

Lando.jpg

I also met Ashley Eckstein. Not as cool but far more attractive.

IMG_1968.jpg

Guest line-up revealed. From Disney Parks Blog:

Following the post earlier in the week about the return of James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi – Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano – Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as Celebrity Hosts for Star Wars Weekends, we received a new transmission from an R2 unit that reveals more Star Wars celebrities scheduled to appear this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios park. The annual event takes place each Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 18-June 10, 2012.

With Donald Duck doing his best Darth Maul impression in the 2012 event logo, seen here, Star Wars Weekends 2012 will welcome several celebrities from Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace for the Force-filled fun. In fact, Donald will have the chance to meet Ray Park, the action star who portrayed Darth Maul, during an extended engagement. Ray (pictured below) is scheduled to appear in both Weekends I and II.

msw328509LARGE.jpg

Another 2012 highlight: keep a sharp eye during Weekend IV when bounty hunters — a favorite among many fans — take center stage in their very own weekend (doesn’t that seem appropriate, considering Star Wars bounty hunters generally work on their own anyway?). As an added surprise, Weekend IV will be a “Bonus Boba” weekend! Both actors who portrayed laconic enforcer Boba Fett in the saga — Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan — will appear during the event’s closing weekend.

Each weekend will also feature a visiting celebrity voice actor from the popular animated TV series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Here’s the scheduled celebrity lineup for Star Wars Weekends 2012 (subject to change):

Weekend I (May 18 – 20)
Ray Park – (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Jerome Blake (Rune Haako/Mas Amedda – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Clone Captain Rex and Clone Commander Cody – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Weekend II (May 25- 27)
Andy Secombe (Watto – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Ray Park (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Tom Kane (voice of Yoda – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Weekend III (June 1 -3)
Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Silas Carson (Nute Gunray/Ki-Adi-Mundi – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
(Star Wars: The Clone Wars voice talent – currently TBD)

Weekend IV (June 8- 10)
Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
Daniel Logan (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones)
Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

While most daily events are still being scheduled, we have received a few additional news of note and tips for Star Wars Weekends 2012 (all activities & entertainment subject to change):

“Hyperspace Hoopla”: This high-energy, one-of-a-kind show is a chance to see some of the famed Star Wars characters performing like never before. It will take place on a stage in front of the Sorcerer Mickey hat on Hollywood Blvd., and is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. each event evening.

Autograph Opportunities: As always, there is no additional charge for the celebrity autograph sessions at Star Wars Weekends. The autograph lines will once again be handled via a FASTPASS-type system. The meet-and-greet session/autograph opportunities are extremely limited, so guests need to arrive early to receive a FASTPASS. Please refer to this link, which will take you to the official Star Wars Weekends event page on DisneyWorld.com. There, you’ll find more detailed information under “Celebrity Autographs.”

Star-Studded Event: Keep in mind, autograph opportunities are not the only place to see the celebrities. Star Wars stars take part in fun throughout the day in Star Wars-themed talk shows, behind-the-scenes presentations, the gala “Legends of the Force” parade and more.

That’s the latest for now. Keep checking back as we confirm more scheduled activities for Star Wars Weekends 2012. Do you have any special memories of past Star Wars Weekends or of any of the celebrities that will attend this year? If so, please share in the comments.

Personally, I think the majority of the guests being from the Clone Wars has as much to do with appearance fees as it does the fact Clone Wars is the current Sw property at the moment. Look what they did to ESPN The Weekend- immensely popular each year and they kill it, why? To feature a bunch of High School kids at the Wide world of Sports? No, that had everything to do with athlete appearance fees and increases Security and Events staff eating into Profit Margins.

Eh kind of underwhelming in my opinion.

Ray Park is the biggest star they have this year and even he didn't have dialouge in the movie if I remember.