State of USH - What's Next? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't know where else to put this, as we're lamenting the loss of SES, some of us have expressed that USH needs to have a show that compensates for that loss. The park needs a "How-did-they-do-that" kind of show like SES was and Monster Make Up show at USF. Even a straight-up copy of the Monster Make up show would suffice, but there's no space to put it. I may have a solution.

Behold, a potential venue to put a Monster Make-Up/SES kind of show:

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 3.39.41 PM.png

I did some tinkering on Scribble maps how it could be done, but that building where that Hello kitty store is would fit a show very well here. The only downsides I see here is that the crowds are going to dump out into the entrance plaza, causing a brief choking point, but they would basically just be gutting an already existing building to use to add live entertainment. AA could go into Plaza, and SES?Monster Make-Up could go in this space here, with nothing being replaced. Entertainment would be added. What do y'all think?

Also want to add that this is a rough sketch on what this would look like so this may not have very accurate sizing, specifically the seating in the theater.

(mobile annual pass finally happened too).
Today is the first I heard of it, and holy crap is that handy. Wonder if physical passes might be the quickest way to get the food/merch discounts or if they can just scan the QR code. Either way, I might put my pass in my backpack instead going forward.
I think Nintendo should try to be another gate with all the potential it has but unfortunately that ship has sailed globally with Mario and DK already being in other parks.
I know this is really late since I've only now caught up with this thead, but I mean, not sure about DK they can always make a different Mario ride at least? But yeah, I'm not sure if we'll ever see it but a Universal-operated Nintendo park is probably the one pipe dream I have with Nintendo and Universal. Regardless I'm still super stoked for SNW Hollywood.

Today is the first I heard of it, and holy crap is that handy. Wonder if physical passes might be the quickest way to get the food/merch discounts or if they can just scan the QR code. Either way, I might put my pass in my backpack instead going forward.
They don’t usually scan the ticket for the discounts, they just look at it so the app is good to go for those. The Wallet has been fantastic and I’m glad Universal finally added it!

I know this is really late since I've only now caught up with this thead, but I mean, not sure about DK they can always make a different Mario ride at least? But yeah, I'm not sure if we'll ever see it but a Universal-operated Nintendo park is probably the one pipe dream I have with Nintendo and Universal. Regardless I'm still super stoked for SNW Hollywood.

Trying to remember my point but I think I was trying to say Nintendo should make a theme park completely owned by them in order to give fans that dream of having all their IP come to life in the physical, but with Universal having the installations they have now it might make that tricky.

edit: wait I think i was advocating for a Universal owned one? If that was the route, i would think that should be some location new entirely to prevent weird overlap i guess.

but yeah i'm cool with a SNW being in a city i live, my favorite game (mario kart) is represented. i would like to see hhn grab metroid though.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Oh god, if they ever did make a Metroid maze that might be the first time I'd actually contemplate HHN. Dread seems to be the best fit, but I'm no Metroid expert.

I'm down for Fusion or Dread tbh. Fusion would probably be the scariest since you're being hunted in that game extremely directly.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Maybe at some point in the future USH will get a indoor stage show back. With addition soundstages (the ones behind mummy) and even the office buildings behind the MK show building to be demolished at some point, Maybe a portion of those demoed buildings can be used for some copy of the Classic Monsters land from EU. Also EU scrapped a live stage show in favor of a family coaster, so maybe USH's version of a Classic Monsters land can have that stage show or another one that is totally different to not only make up for USH losing all of it's indoor stage shows, but to make their version of the Classic Monsters land unique.

lol

See I don't get it they had this space and could have added a second ride and didn't its things like these I dont understand from USH managment and just looks cheap to me. Your charging 43 bucks for plastic bands with no discount and 12 bucks for a drink.....they have a flow of money coming in use it on making the park better and not having only one ride in the land that will be the most talked about thing in the near future for theme parks in CA

Reactions: Ron101
lol

See I don't get it they had this space and could have added a second ride and didn't its things like these I dont understand from USH managment and just looks cheap to me. Your charging 43 bucks for plastic bands with no discount and 12 bucks for a drink.....they have a flow of money coming in use it on making the park better and not having only one ride in the land that will be the most talked about thing in the near future for theme parks in CA
Bro. Chill.

They just opened a land with a cool new high-tech ride. They’re also about to churn out another major Nintendo ride soon and a major new coaster NEXT YEAR….but God forbid they don’t close the Panda Express and put a new ride in there right the heck NAOW.

Couldn’t you at least direct the same energy to Disney!? They take an entire generation to build a new coaster and have no apparent interest in building new rides post Tron and MMRR.

Bro. Chill.

They just opened a land with a cool new high-tech ride. They’re also about to churn out another major Nintendo ride soon and a major new coaster NEXT YEAR….but God forbid they don’t close the Panda Express and put a new ride in there right the heck NAOW.

Couldn’t you at least direct the same energy to Disney!? They take an entire generation to build a new coaster and have no apparent interest in building new rides post Tron and MMRR.
I can call out both for crap

I'm very fair, I give credit when its due. I think the two new mini locations are F...ing amazing moves. It shows them thinking outside the box and willing to spend money to make a new market. But when the number one things everyone...everyone says about the land is its too small. I can say I wish management at the time was thinking 2 steps a head and not a sheepish.

I know many will defend actions on being cautious but I still dont think the heads up know what kinda gold pill they landed on when they got the rights to Nintendo. Nintendo is the Disney of video games, people deeply connected with these characters and have dumb favorites like how I love Walugi.

But making the land so small makes it where having a nighttime show is almost impossible and only having one ride means its going to have to bear all the heavy lifting when it could be more spread out along with being an AP I'd like more rides that aren't going to have 3+ hours for the next three years.
But not going to change who I am for posters on here, I give complements out freely when they effort its put in, look at how I talk about Mando, Rise of the Resistant, Andor, Puss and Boots 2, Fire and Love, Zelda breathe of the Wild. I literally think if Disney doesn't in someway test a new kinda mini park in the next 5 years stock holders should fire who ever is CEO because Disney needs to be much more aggressive

Reactions: Ron101
Bro. Chill.

There is the Avengers multiverse attraction which I personally have pegged for the 2026-2028 timeframe. But this pull back on investment in the Disney parks stems from the debt racked up from the Fox purchase which coupled with how long the parks (DLR for over a year) were shut down really screwed with the cash flow in the entire Disney company. Who knows how long it will take for this to straighten out and for Disney to get back to pre pandemic park investments. 5 to 10 years maybe?

I doubt Panda Express would go away for Super Nintendo World expansion (the land isn't really designed to go in that direction), but I do expect a new dining experience to go there in the next few years. I think they just needed a restaurant down there for capacity reasons. Now that Toadstool Cafe is open, it's no longer necessary.

I think the next 6 years will look like this:

2023: Super Nintendo World

2024: Fast & Furious Hollywood Drift, new Super Nintendo World mini-games

2025: New Studio Tour attraction to replace Supercharged, new restaurant to replace Panda Express

2026: Donkey Kong Country expansion for Super Nintendo World

2027: New DreamWorks Theatre film (maybe Shrek 5 themed?)

2028: London Expansion for Lower Lot, replacing Revenge of the Mummy. Ministry of Magic gets cloned instead of Escape from Gringotts.

I doubt Panda Express would go away for Super Nintendo World expansion (the land isn't really designed to go in that direction), but I do expect a new dining experience to go there in the next few years. I think they just needed a restaurant down there for capacity reasons. Now that Toadstool Cafe is open, it's no longer necessary.

I think the next 6 years will look like this:

2023: Super Nintendo World

2024: Fast & Furious Hollywood Drift, new Super Nintendo World mini-games

2025: New Studio Tour attraction to replace Supercharged, new restaurant to replace Panda Express

2026: Donkey Kong Country expansion for Super Nintendo World

2027: New DreamWorks Theatre film (maybe Shrek 5 themed?)

2028: London Expansion for Lower Lot, replacing Revenge of the Mummy. Ministry of Magic gets cloned instead of Escape from Gringotts.
I would also think at some point there will need to be a new tram stop location built as well to allow for upper lot expansion. Wonder where that could go. Maybe where mummy is?

It's not, but they could totally add something that serves as a unique attraction for our Mario land themed portion of SNW. Perhaps our version of Villain Con with the Polter-gust instead being completely Luigi's mansion themed?