State of USH - What's Next? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, my God. Forget it. This is like talking to a wall. At this point, I can only assume you're actively choosing to ignore the point, along with the non-F&F/Bourne examples I did, in fact, give you, because there's really no other explanation for it other than you won't rest until everyone agrees with you. I give up.
I could say the same to you

I'm asking do you want FF generic themeing in the park? Your keep saying I want these two rides and which are rumors I made a Nintendo list with how each ride would be different and aren't rumors but what I WANT in the park.

If this generic IP's are rides then what do you think the show building will look like? A warehouse is that what you want int he park over more Nintendoland/Simpsons/Potter type themeing

But my question is do people want USH to be just a studio park or slowly become themed like Disneyland

If we’re living in a world based solely on our desire for certain IPs: Personally I hope the new head of WB considers some of the existing deals, like DC and Six Flags, and decides that they want a stronger/more quality theme park presence. I’d love for him to see what worked with HP and ask Universal to do a fully immersive Batman land like originally planned for IOA.

Id travel to Hollywood for that for sure - especially if there’s an issue with the Marvel contract on the East.

If we’re living in a world based solely on our desire for certain IPs: Personally I hope the new head of WB considers some of the existing deals, like DC and Six Flags, and decides that they want a stronger/more quality theme park presence. I’d love for him to see what worked with HP and ask Universal to do a fully immersive Batman land like originally planned for IOA.

Id travel to Hollywood for that for sure - especially if there’s an issue with the Marvel contract on the East.
Its too dam bad that they gave up the DC rights

A Batman ride like ROTR.....would be just amazing

Maybe if the Lord of the Rings show is big we can finally see some Middle Earth in theme parks

Also while people see to be against too much Nintendo, I guess they'd also be against Lol/Arcane, Sony or Microsoft IPs, Sega (Sonic mainly)

Reactions: Jamesh22
A boy can dream.

An Escape from Arkham ride with all the villains. The return of the Batwing coaster design. Iceberg Lounge for the food/bev. Small activities like the city rock wall in ORL’s NY. Build your own utility belt experience like Olivander’s or Savi’s.

I say same to you

I'm asking do you want FF generic themeing in the park? Your keep saying I want these two rides and which are rumors I made a Nintendo list with how each ride would be different and aren't rumors but what I WANT in the park.

If this generic IP's are rides then what do you think the show building will look like? A warehouse is that what you want int he park over more Nintendoland/Simpsons/Potter type themeing

But my question is do people want USH to be just a studio park or slowly become themed like Disneyland

This is the last response I'm giving to you because of your "I say same to you" comment. I don't know how many times I can reiterate to you that I've addressed this in practically each and every comment so far. Each one. I'm sorry that, apparently, you must be making the decision to actually not read the content.

Did I say I want "FF generic theming" in the park? No. I did not. Not once. I did say, and for God's sake I hope you listen this time, that I'd be down with Universal teaming up with other studios for things. Let me bold it so it stands out: I gave you an example of a Ghostbusters ride. I gave you an example of a MonstersVerse ride, which could also allow for the Kong portion of the Studio Tour to be replaced while updating his park presence to a more relevant form. Hell, @Nico just pointed out DC. There are countless other examples from other smart as hell commenters on this forum with better ideas than me on other threads.

Saying "a warehouse is that what you want int he (sic) park over more..." is such a ridiculous, sarcastic, smartass comment that completely proves that you're ignoring everything I've had to say--because not once did I lobby for generic IPs. Not once did I lobby for generic theming. All I've said - all I continue to say - is that it doesn't have to be Universal, which means it doesn't have to be F&F or Bourne or Sing, for the millionth time, and it doesn't have to be Nintendo, because those aren't our only options when Universal is open to working with other studios, like Warner and Paramount, which means tons of other IPs. Which means tons of other options for lands and theming beyond "warehouse."

I genuinely, sincerely can't understand how this point is being missed, and, again, as usual, I'm sure your thoughtful reply will end with something like, "Well, if you're happy with a generic F&F ride, whatever, but I won't be!" but so be it. Hopefully anyone who reads through this thread can see what I've tried to say and how fruitless and futile it's been.

I could say the same to you

Jerrod, I totally understand if you feel differently about what’s potentially coming to USH. I get that we all have preferences. But for the past several pages, none of us have any idea what the heck you want for the future of USH.

Your main point (If you even had one) is so lost in the kerfluffle of “No I want this! No this!” that it makes me dread to think about how long you’re going to stand around and decide what you’re going to order at McDonald’s.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but if you’re not able to nail down a cohesive, consistent, clear point that will get us to understand where you’re coming from, then please be willing to move on. It’s kind of discouraging to have to waft through two pages of an argument that’s literally going nowhere.

Reactions: highdefrex and Nico
Jerrod, I totally understand if you feel differently about what’s potentially coming to USH. I get that we all have preferences. But for the past pages, none of us have any idea what the heck you want for the future of USH.

Your main point (If you even had one) is so lost in the kerfluffle of “No I want this! No this!” that it makes me dread to think about how long you’re going to stand around and decide what you’re going to order at McDonald’s.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you’re not able to nail down a cohesive, consistent, clear point that will get us to understand where you’re coming from, then please be willing to move on. It’s kind of discouraging to have to wait through two pages of an argument that’s literally going nowhere.
My points are this

Universal does not have many strong IPs that are exciting for theme parks. FF, Kong and Jurassic are in the park already, could we use more sure if they are different enough from what is already in the park

Next Bourne, FF and even Sing are kinda generic for lands. Like the new Pets area is cute but would like more unique settings like Harry Potter or Nintendo lands can provide.

Lastly while no not everything needs to be Nintendo, unlike Disney Universal movies don't blend well. I would like the park to slowly become more Disneyland and less generic theming/warehouses. Which requires movies/books/games that aren't just humans doing things in cities

I also just have to ask why it has to be a Universal Movie? Potter, Simpsons and now Nintendo are loved by pretty much everyone and Universal has nothing to do with any of them

My points are this

Universal does not have many strong IPs that are exciting for theme parks. FF, Kong and Jurassic are in the park already, could we use more sure if they are different enough from what is already in the park

Next Bourne, FF and even Sing are kinda generic for lands. Like the new Pets area is cute but would like more unique settings like Harry Potter or Nintendo lands can provide.

Lastly while no not everything needs to be Nintendo, unlike Disney Universal movies don't blend well. I would like the park to slowly become more Disneyland and less generic theming/warehouses. Which requires movies/books/games that aren't just humans doing things in cities

I also just have to ask why it has to be a Universal Movie? Potter, Simpsons and now Nintendo are loved by pretty much everyone and Universal has nothing to do with any of them

I think I get it now. Your assuming that there has to be a need, to make an attraction as part of a land. But dare I offer a simple counter argument: what if an attraction doesn't automatically mean, that a land would be needed to allow it to flow? Let's go to F&F on this: it's right next to Cocina Mexicana for the Upper Lot version. Does that mean that area outright becomes as part of a Fast&Furious land? What about Sing, assuming if it'd become that at the cost of say, French Street and Parisian..does that automatically become a land of it's own? Or is it together alongside Despicable Me and Pets, as one land overall?

You are assuming that just because a new addition could occur, that it'd have to mean they'd have to dedicate that area to be themed around it. When in reality, that isn't automatically true, now is it. Pets was in a position that in the natural form of sense, led towards simply reskinning the Britain section of the Little Europe fronts on the Upper Lot. But it isn't as if they added anything major on the side that got repainted and given new decals and textures.

The Bourne Stuntacular for USF, is another perfect example of this. It was part of a pre-existing area and while it got touchups where it can, it isn't a land based on that of Bourne. That layer of philosophy can be transferred to DreamWorks Theater, and how it is tucked away in the corner that itself is in.

Jurassic World - Velocicoaster, is a perfect example of this as-well. Once you enter the attraction, that itself is dedicated specifically to the feel of Jurassic World. But outside the queue and ride itself? it's part of Jurassic Park of Islands.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think I get it now. Your assuming that there has to be a need, to make an attraction as part of a land. But dare I offer a simple counter argument: what if an attraction doesn't automatically mean, that a land would be needed to allow it to flow? Let's go to F&F on this: it's right next to Cocina Mexicana for the Upper Lot version. Does that mean that area outright becomes as part of a Fast&Furious land? What about Sing, assuming if it'd become that at the cost of say, French Street and Parisian..does that automatically become a land of it's own? Or is it together alongside Despicable Me and Pets, as one land overall?
It depends on how they theme it

Sing would be apart of mostly the Pets Place. While F&F I just sadly see as a big Warehouse like the one they use for Super Charger and while, I guess they could make the area around look like that....its basically then the area thats like West coast racers and to me thats just...really boring. Or they just don't think it at all and its in a Studio like Mummy/Transfomers

I just want the park to become more interesting looking, with fun IPs that you can do things with Vs....its a human on Earth doing things in generic locations.

I'm also very open to them bringing in WB, other video games, Netflix shows, and so on if they don't have those IPs that will be both fun and interesting and make them some money.
I thought the Pandemic would open people's eyes to it....but Money is all these people care about so I want the rides/lands that can make them buckets of money so we get more and also are fun for everyone.

It depends on how they theme it

Sing would be apart of mostly the Pets Place. While F&F I just sadly see as a big Warehouse like the one they use for Super Charger and while, I guess they could make the area around look like that....its basically then the area thats like West coast racers and to me thats just...really boring. Or they just don't think it at all and its in a Studio like Mummy/Transfomers

I just want the park to become more interesting looking, with fun IPs that you can do things with Vs....its a human on Earth doing things in generic locations.

I'm also very open to them bringing in WB, other video games, Netflix shows, and so on if they don't have those IPs that will be both fun and interesting and make them some money.
I thought the Pandemic would open people's eyes to it....but Money is all these people care about so I want the rides/lands that can make them buckets of money so we get more and also are fun for everyone.

A fair point, but if I may I may offer a suggestion: who's to say that the warehouse is the only facade present?

They could have multiple facades built on the side. Make it like a downtown section that, much like say The Bourne Stuntacular, is filled with vibrant colors. A good transition as you enter Springfield USA (or whatever it becomes in 2028). I'd also say F&F is a franchise that has gone away from simply humans doing things in generic locations.

A fair point, but if I may I may offer a suggestion: who's to say that the warehouse is the only facade present?

They could have multiple facades built on the side. Make it like a downtown section that, much like say The Bourne Stuntacular, is filled with vibrant colors. A good transition as you enter Springfield USA (or whatever it becomes in 2028). I'd also say F&F is a franchise that has gone away from simply humans doing things in generic locations.
I hope so

I just don’t have much hope there wise for the rumored attractions that aren’t DK or monsters

Then lets Agreed to Disagree, people here want just attractions put in cool

I like theme's, effort and feeling like I've been taken away to somewhere else. I do not agree that if every ride was as amazing Indy, Pirates and ROTR it would be bad but looks like many thing making everything amazing is not the best plan

(also if I see anyone complaining about Moana attraction in Epcot but liking Brains message...then please make up your mind on what you want)

I think Nintendo should try to be another gate with all the potential it has but unfortunately that ship has sailed globally with Mario and DK already being in other parks.

Then lets Agreed to Disagree, people here want just attractions put in cool

I like theme's, effort and feeling like I've been taken away to somewhere else. I do not agree that if every ride was as amazing Indy, Pirates and ROTR it would be bad but looks like many thing making everything amazing is not the best plan

(also if I see anyone complaining about Moana attraction in Epcot but liking Brains message...then please make up your mind on what you want)

I still don’t even understand what this means

I still don’t even understand what this means
(If everything is an E-Ticket… nothing is an E-Ticket)
You are saying you don't want everything to be an E ticket (even through my list of Nintendo rides included things like Pikman being a Casey Jr Train ride and an animal crossing water ride)

People on this fourms are agreeing with you but also I see many not happy with the Moana water attraction at Epcot, which isn't any E ticket and according to them that should be good because for some reason if every ride was amazing it would somehow lower the amazingness of other rides.

Once again, agree to disagree seems like many just want rides through into the park when I want themes, interactive lands with mass appeal and merch that will sell so we can have bigger budgets in the theme park.

For those on why I'm not a fan of a FF or Bourne rumors its because I want to see less of this
02_Fast-Furious-Supercharged-1024x683.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

I'd like to see more of this
super-nintendo-world-exterior-night-18-800x533.jpg

wizardingworldofharrypotter*750xx1000-564-0-80.jpg

(if you want to argue/tell me why i'm wrong to want more of this...please PM because I've said enough on this thread)

Last edited:
You are saying you don't want everything to be an E ticket (even through my list of Nintendo rides included things like Pikman being a Casey Jr Train ride and an animal crossing water ride)

People on this fourms are agreeing with you but also I see many not happy with the Moana water attraction at Epcot, which isn't any E ticket and according to them that should be good because for some reason if every ride was amazing it would somehow lower the amazingness of other rides.

Once again, agree to disagree seems like many just want rides through into the park when I want themes, interactive lands with mass appeal and merch that will sell so we can have bigger budgets in the theme park.
833F9145-6ABE-485E-B8AA-71191F1813BC.jpeg

Reactions: highdefrex
I guess to move the thread in a different direction. Is there a west coast equivalent of Bio, Alicia, or Tommy? I always appreciate having visuals associated with planning. I spent some time researching or playing around with California permit pages, but didn’t really get anywhere. Even an easier location for Universal’s campus redevelopment plan would be great.