State of USH - What's Next? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So what you want is fully unrealistic. Something that won't come for every IP present for the parks.

Cool.
I mean for a little more money we could have a Zelda Breathe of the Wild Coaster in the same spot as where you proposed the F&F coaster would be. Difference would be yeah it would be like the Mummy with some AA's on it and a really cool themed Q vs.....Cars in a building/warehouse

Once again when you have Merch to sell, you can offset the cost of these rides. Zelda themed drinks, pop corn buckets, plastic swords, shield backpacks, t shirts, toys, statues....etc

I guess to move the thread in a different direction. Is there a west coast equivalent of Bio, Alicia, or Tommy? I always appreciate having visuals associated with planning. I spent some time researching or playing around with California permit pages, but didn’t really get anywhere. Even an easier location for Universal’s campus redevelopment plan would be great.
Jsland, Theme Park Wizard, that darn mysterious camera op in IU, and Sydney from IU are much more active when it comes to it.

A fantastic discussion last night with our fellow Inside Universal poster Ethan, who discussed with Disney oriented vloggers Dre and Chris from Orangegrove55 the future of Universal Studios Hollywood. Needless to say USH has a very bright future ahead of it:

A fantastic discussion last night with our fellow Inside Universal poster Ethan, who discussed with Disney oriented vloggers Dre and Chris from Orangegrove55 the future of Universal Studios Hollywood. Needless to say USH has a very bright future ahead of it:

As mentioned in the video, If only Universal could get cracking on building more soundstages off sight they could really go to town. But in the intern they do have some soundstages to the right of Transformers. Maybe they could use that for a version of their own Classic Monsters land depending on how well the reception for it is at EU. It can have the same E ticket KUKA roller coaster but instead of the rumored phase 2 boat ride at EU, They can get an interactive moving walkthrough ride like the rumored minions villain con at USF. It would give Hollywood an exclusive ride for their version of the land that would be ideal since I don't think with the current land Hollywood has that KUKA roller coaster and the boat ride at the same time.

Yes, this parks future is incredibly bright. Add to the fact the studio is still insanely active and in many ways still a part of the park kudos to Uni to recognizing that both its identity as a studio and a theme park can coexist without necessarily sacrificing one for the other.

Yes, this parks future is incredibly bright. Add to the fact the studio is still insanely active and in many ways still a part of the park kudos to Uni to recognizing that both its identity as a studio and a theme park can coexist without necessarily sacrificing one for the other.
studio tour certainly could use a refresh

The big free tour still needs to go. Limiting the park potential. What the free tour can do pales in comparison to the VIP guests.

studio tour certainly could use a refresh
next month :)

I am so so excited, once construction on F&F begins and those soundstages are knocked down, we are looking to quite a fun few years of construction leading to 2028

The tour included with admission

I respect your opinion if that's how you feel, but man... Personally, I would hate to see the Studio Tour go away. It's so ingrained not only in the history of the park, but in what the very essence of the park is to me. It needs new updates, sure, which we're on the verge of, but the very idea of it going away forever, or being reduced to an upcharge experience, just makes me queasy. It's what I love about the park, about the studios, about Universal's own legacy, all rolled into one, and has been from the very first time I went as a kid in the early '90s, being terrified of (then wowed by) King Kong and his banana breath. I legitimately cannot picture the Hollywood park without it, nor would I want to, and I'll even take Vin Diesel calling me family at the end of it a million times over the mere notion of not having it any longer.

I have to agree, the Studio Tour is what makes USH unique. The problem is, it doesn't have a lot of repeat value for regulars/APs. But really, it's a must do for any first time visitor to the park, and a big part of what makes USH special. Disney tried to recreate it at their MGM Hollywood Studios back in the day, but they pretty quickly learned you can't fake 100+ years of authentic movie history.

And it sure seems to be getting a new segment soon with NOPE in the near future, so that'll help.

The tour included with admission
I strongly disagree with you. The studio tour is the identity of the park. I mean, it's right there in the name: Universal Studios. That's what makes the park unique. It's magical. It's so appealing that many tried to recreate it but failed miserably. WB, Disney, they all tried to do the Studio Tour, but you just can't beat being a very active movie studio backlot in LA, the movie capital of the world. I mean, they even tried to recreate it at Disneyland Paris. Even as an AP, I love getting on the tour. I always get something different when I ride. It's my zen time in the park. The ride to take just to rest a bit and have a good time. Losing the tour would mean a very small park losing a high capacity attraction that entertains guests for 40 min. I can skip Simpsons, Minions, Kung Fu Panda, but never the tour...

^To be fair, the Warner Brothers Studio tour is still alive and doing quite well. But it's for the same reasons as USH's: it's neaarly 100 years of authentic movie history, and is still in use as a studio even today.

But yeah, all those other parks that tried to "fake" it... it didn't turn out so well...

Reactions: salismetho
If they make Studio Tour an upcharge experience, tickets for the park in general should honestly drop more than 50%. There are nowhere near enough attractions to justify that ticket pricepoint (the same as Disneyland, which I believe has over 50+ attractions). IMO, more than half of that price is for the Studio Tour in of itself -- which would be very worth it to anyone who JUST wanted to do that. The WB tour is $50ish and Universal's is more attraction based than that, so even $60ish would be fair. They are being VERY generous by including that in the ticket and basically getting the rest of the attractions they do have for $44 more. Without Studio Tour, USH's ticket costs would be nowhere near worth it. And if they did price it to $44, the park would be OVERRUN, and making the tour $60 would make that attraction even more crowded.

If they make Studio Tour an upcharge experience, tickets for the park in general should honestly drop more than 50%. There are nowhere near enough attractions to justify that ticket pricepoint (the same as Disneyland, which I believe has over 50+ attractions). IMO, more than half of that price is for the Studio Tour in of itself -- which would be very worth it to anyone who JUST wanted to do that. The WB tour is $50ish and Universal's is more attraction based than that, so even $60ish would be fair. They are being VERY generous by including that in the ticket and basically getting the rest of the attractions they do have for $44 more. Without Studio Tour, USH's ticket costs would be nowhere near worth it. And if they did price it to $44, the park would be OVERRUN, and making the tour $60 would make that attraction even more crowded.
the universal studio tour is not nearly as extensive as WB's from what I remember from when I did it

Exactly. It’s just driving through some 3d screens and getting fire blasted by the backstroke shark. Everything else is just unused, old, faded, and peeling sets. Don’t forget the teddy bear with his martini.