Steve Ditko’s estate files termination notice for Marvel Characters | Inside Universal Forums

Steve Ditko’s estate files termination notice for Marvel Characters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HUGE legal battle on the horizon for Disney. If the Ditko estate wins, they could license out the film rights to whatever studio they want and it’d essentially be the end of the MCU.

I only saw this as Spider-Man when I looked earlier, but this is way bigger.

I remember the Ditko artwork well. Great stories. Primitive artwork. Back then, I was glad when Marvel moved on to better artists for Spidey, like John Romito.
I know some love Ditko, but I was never a fan of his in the 60's....Loved Gene Colan''s work though.

This is an interesting thing to note. If precedent means anything, Disney is in good legal standing:

HUGE legal battle on the horizon for Disney. If the Ditko estate wins, they could license out the film rights to whatever studio they want and it’d essentially be the end of the MCU.

I only saw this as Spider-Man when I looked earlier, but this is way bigger.

Wasn't this pretty much tried before and they settled (my guess D didn't want the others coming for theirs) so these plaintiffs/attys may be hoping for a home run and willing to take a ground rule double? The legal teams are experienced in this matter so they play the same show they had before?
I wonder if the terms of settlement got out and these parties decided it was easy money to do it again? Not that they shouldn't get a piece of the pie but it may be that simple.