Studio Directory/Map | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Directory/Map

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

Hey, I am wondering what the map of USH will look like in the future, they will not have space to put HP (the info) and on the Studio Directory Boards in the park. The park will not have any room for it, what do you think USH will do in the future?

Ideas:

- Redesign the Map (I love the map right now) like Orlando's

- Studio Directory, make it longer like what they did in the past.

As you see, there is barely any room on it now. 

Summer-@-Universal-Studios-Hollywood-2.jpg

As you see, there is room on the map itself, but if you have a map at home, you can see that panels on the left and right side are out of room. What do you think is going to happen?

Map%2B%25285%2529.jpg

Simple...completely redo both the directory and map. Although since apparently Potter will take the room of Curious George, Shrek, and Gibson, it's info panels will take the place of the the previous ones.

True. But we have space as an issue now, but that will never be fixed.

That's actually a good question. I've always wondered this myself.

Knowing Universal, I think they'll find a way. They could probably take away USHWaittimes.com and perhaps the NBCUniversal Experience (if that's still up). I don't see them getting rid of those display boards anytime soon.

As for the map, I think that will be a relatively easy change. I don't think the design they have now will change dramatically, but I wouldn't expect anything night and day. And I sure hope they don't adopt Orlando's design. Their park map has always been a mess in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here was a map I created about a year ago.  Looks like most of what I was hoping for has happened.  Although I did not expect Despicable Me to replace Terminator.  That is just a sad waste of space in my opinion.

MydreamUSHMapsmall.jpg

I was hoping for Pteranadon Flyers to load where Tree Top cafe is located.  Why not turn the upper dining area into a loading area?  My alternative was to demolish the Panda Express area and build something for kids there.  

Back on subject:

I think the Directory is fine.  I think it will be a great day when attractions such as Dino Play and NBC Experience are never on the Board again.  I would also like to see Blues Brothers off the directory.  IT IS A STREET SHOW!

Really?! I've always thought our design still looks fresh.

Certainly better than what Florida has in place right now.

And plus, you get an idea of what the building looks like, it is easier for the map designers to add or delete stuff on the map