Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Suggestions for a Birthday Meal?

jtsalien

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2011
T.A.R.D.I.S.
So this year since school is forcing my family vacation to be earlier in June, my sister's boyfriend's birthday is going to happen while we're in Orlando. We want to take him out to lunch or dinner somewhere in Disney for his birthday, but I'm not sure where. His extent of Disney sit down dining experience includes Sci-Fi and Hoop Dee Doo :lol:. He's turning 26, but we'd still consider something like a character meal if you guys think it would be fun. Thanks for the help!

Narcoosee's....discussion continued

It all depends on how much you'd like to spend.

Ohana, and Narcoosee's are at the higher end, if you want something lower you could try one of the restaurants inside of Epcot as well.

But one of the best bang for the bucks anywhere on property is Paradiso 37 in Downtown Disney.

26?

Biergarten would be a great choice. Great, party-like atmosphere, and good beer.

Garden Grill is fun as well. Character meal, but it's a much more relaxed atmosphere than places like Crystal palace.

- - - Updated - - -

'Ohana.

End of discussion. :lol:

Good choice.

But one of the best bang for the bucks anywhere on property is Paradiso 37 in Downtown Disney.

:ack:

No offense, but I found the place to be no better than an Applebees or TGI Fridays.

Great suggestions guys. Biergarten was what I was leaning towards. But I'll see what everyone thinks about 'Ohana.

Narcoosee's probably wouldn't be worth it considering this is a man whose meal of choice is often chicken fingers :lol:

26?

:ack:

No offense, but I found the place to be no better than an Applebees or TGI Fridays.

Depends on what you had but to me the food here when I went was very good, the bill was VERY LOW considering the location.

Great suggestions guys. Biergarten was what I was leaning towards. But I'll see what everyone thinks about 'Ohana.

Narcoosee's probably wouldn't be worth it considering this is a man whose meal of choice is often chicken fingers :lol:

Wow, then Paradiso would be excellent for him then because all the food in there is based on street food from around the world and its not expensive.

I've never done Biergarten, I just heard that it is family style seating, so you may be sitting with other people you don't know

'Ohana.

End of discussion. :lol:

I've never ate there :look:

But if you want a good steak the sit down in the UK pavilion at Epcot(I cant remember the name lol) is AH-MAY-ZING!!!! But if you want a character meal do Crystal Palace or Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary :ears:

I think it depends on the persons tastes and how much your willing to shell out. There are so many places that would be great for a birthday meal. Just about anything in Epcots world showcase is a great decision. Just get an idea of what the person likes, such as italian, german, french and so on and make your decision then. You cannot go wrong at Epcot when it comes to food!

I guess I should update with my experience. I went with Biergarten and had an excellent time. We had a party of 6, so we only had two other people at the table. They ended up being from around the same area so we got along great and had no issues. The food was mind blowing for a buffet and the deserts were delicious. Loved the band too, great atmosphere. Highly recommend it.