Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Suggestions for my trip in May?

Apr 24, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm going to be going to USH on May 6th - a Friday. I know they let us in an hour early for Harry Potter since I bought online. Do you think that hour is enough to check out the new Harry Potter attractions? I think it's 2 rides and some stores and stuff. I'm not a Harry Potter fan at all but I'll be taking advantage of the early entrance just so I can say I it :)

Also, once the rest of the park opens should I head over to do the lower lot and do the transformers/mummy/jurassic park rides right away or do you think that's where everyone is going to be headed? Or will everyone flock towards the closer attractions such as Simpsons/Studio tour since those are right next to Harry Potter. 

I ended up not doing the fast pass but do you guys think 8 hours in the park is enough to see most the main attractions? I'd like to cover the 3 lower lot rides/Simpsons and Springfield/Studio Tour/Special FX show/Waterworld/Animal actors and of course Wizarding World during my early entry during the 8 hours including about 45 minutes or so for lunch at Krusty Burger

I know it's a lot to answer but the opening of Wizarding World has thrown me off somewhat since I'm expecting it to be busier than normal and the early entrance has me stumped on what to hit once the park opens. Thanks for the answers! 

Hi Chewy - 

One hour should plenty of time to take in the rides and shops. My suggestion is that once you're done with Potter head over to either the Studio Tour or Simpsons. Those two seem to garner the highest wait times thoughout the day outside of Potter. Before you head to the Lower Lot I would recommend doing either the Special Effects Show or WaterWorld. You can probably hit lunch after one of the shows and then maybe check out Animal Actors to let your food settle. Once you've completed that, you can head down to the Lower Lot and ride those three attractions. 

Save the other show for the last thing you do for the day.

I hope that helps! Enjoy your time and be sure to share some fun photos here on the forums from your trip!

Wow... this touring plan suggestion seems to be very different from "one day trip planner" which suggests (from what i can figure out) the following 

1. Harry Potter
  2. Lower lot rides
  3. Studio tours
  4. upper lot rides
  5. shows

So does that mean the "one day trip planner" needs further updating or a re-look at the sequences?