Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

true nobody is gonna show up to see one of the most popular IPs in the world
First, I appreciate people who answer for others. ALways find that interesting. What I am asking is how do we know this entrance is going to be a nightmare? Is there a comparison to the one in Japan? Has it been a nightmare there? Just curious.

I think its likely there will be a reservation system or an "area timed ticket" pass to enter Nintendo World similar to what Universal Japan has. This would greatly cut down on any crowding issues happening at the entrance to Nintendo World:

I'll be visiting SNW February 2024, lol. I don't feel like dealing with horrible guest traffic tbh. That entrance is tiny.
Maybe? Hopefully

But even on mid crowded days the walk from the Main area to simpsons land is hell.
I’ve even mention to universal from in person surveys how congested that main walk way becomes

hope your right but universal has been much busier
How do we know this?
Go on a semi busy say and walk between the Hub and Simpsons land....its a mess and about as big of a path way. Or if you went the first month of Jurassic World opening...the stairways were insanely packed. Most themes parks that aren't in Florida have way too narrow walkways

First, I appreciate people who answer for others. ALways find that interesting. What I am asking is how do we know this entrance is going to be a nightmare? Is there a comparison to the one in Japan? Has it been a nightmare there? Just curious.

If you’ve ever walked through the park on even a moderate crowd day you’d already know the answer. Just look at the entrance and you already know that even on a non-peak day you’re gonna have to get through a bunch of people if they don’t do some sort of timed ticket like Japan (and even then you’re gonna have crowding of people around there taking pics n stuff, people take a lot of pics in Japan). Why play devil’s advocate here for something like this?

If you’ve ever walked through the park on even a moderate crowd day you’d already know the answer. Just look at the entrance and you already know that even on a non-peak day you’re gonna have to get through a bunch of people if they don’t do some sort of timed ticket like Japan (and even then you’re gonna have crowding of people around there taking pics n stuff, people take a lot of pics in Japan). Why play devil’s advocate here for something like this?
OK, you keep talking about other areas of the park. How do we know the entrance to this part of the park is going to be a nightmare? All those other places mentioned, yes they get crowded, but everyone manages to get through. What I am getting at is we don't know if it will be bad or not. Things are posted here and taken for facts. I am just asking for proof, which we don't have any.

Do you know if it was bad in Japan? There entrance looks to be the same.

I'd argue it's just a common sense prediction based on the actual in-park examples we do have to measure it against. Like @Jerroddragon and Pacific Fun pointed out, Springfield is a verifiable nightmare on busy days. The narrowness of Wizarding World can be utterly headache-inducing to traverse when it's just filled with a sea of people. The Starway can get congested, as does the landing at the bottom where people getting on and off are pushing through the same crowd made up of people who just got off the Mummy, are stopped looking at the wait time board, are taking pictures of the JW arch, are crossing to get to the raptor encounter, etc.. The entry and bridge to the Studio Tour, which is a good comparison to the warp pipe in terms of size and purpose, can even get annoying. And on and on.

Obviously people get through eventually, but that's not the point--the point is the crowding exists and happens, and on a peak/busy day, that little tunnel is going to be slammed with people going through it. How do we know this? Again, because we have so many other examples of it happening elsewhere in the park.

Whether it's happening or not at Japan is irrelevant when their park is completely different than ours--not only did their SNW open in the midst of the pandemic, which is going to affect the crowd numbers you see in videos, but they have more park spread for crowds to be dispersed and kept busy and more walkway space in general; you won't tend to see tons of people crammed down a narrow pathway having to come to a complete standstill because a family with a stroller decided to stop in the middle of the walkway to discuss whether they should get a beer or a donut like you do heading in and out of Springfield. USH is a tight, packed, condensed park, which means crowding permeates everywhere on a busy day, and to think that the entrance to SNW will be miraculously breezy and empty on a peak day at the same time the whole park is full of the examples that have been brought up is a little naive, IMO.

Why is this topic even an argument lol we gotta bust out charts and videos to talk about crowding in narrow pathways?

Also Japan’s entrance and path is different, it’s a lot more spacious in front and leading up to it. I don’t care to deal with unnecessary devil’s advocate stances enough to look up a video to show it, there’s tons of vlogs on youtube.

Last edited:
What they actually can do is put a timed ticket check point before the area near where we have the fence at currently and have a queue for entering/photos with the entrance going out towards the transformers overflow queue direction like HHN, but this is a short term solution of course. Even harry potter does that for the nighttime shows. A bottleneck near transformers could probably still happen as it does for HHN.

What they actually can do is put a timed ticket check point before the area near where we have the fence at currently and have a queue for entering/photos with the entrance going out towards the transformers overflow queue direction like HHN, but this is a short term solution of course. Even harry potter does that for the nighttime shows. A bottleneck near transformers could probably still happen as it does for HHN.
I hope...they have plans but as someone who went to Jurassic World like a day after it opened....it was chaos

They had timed tickets setup and ready to go for Potter and never really needed to use them. I'm sure they still have the kit so they can easily re-skin for Nintendo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal plaza becomes some kind of photo op and timed ticket pickup. They could even have a mock up of the Nintendo entrance/play button for you to pose in front of. Would take some of the pressure off the actual entrance in the LL.

They had timed tickets setup and ready to go for Potter and never really needed to use them. I'm sure they still have the kit so they can easily re-skin for Nintendo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal plaza becomes some kind of photo op and timed ticket pickup. They could even have a mock up of the Nintendo entrance/play button for you to pose in front of. Would take some of the pressure off the actual entrance in the LL.
That would be nice

hell if your going to have an issue with getting into the land, a Mario meet and greet there Would make sense as well

at least based on recent crowded the park is very healthily. Lots of lines, people eating food, Wanda being bought and so on

while I’m sure January won’t be packed as summer I think because of the pandemic more people want out and Nintendo land when ever it opens will keep the crowd levels high for months if not over a year

Why is this topic even an argument lol we gotta bust out charts and videos to talk about crowding in narrow pathways?

Also Japan’s entrance and path is different, it’s a lot more spacious in front and leading up to it. I don’t care to deal with unnecessary devil’s advocate stances enough to look up a video to show it, there’s tons of vlogs on youtube.
Exactly....so we should wait to see what we are getting here before making assumptions that it will be bad. Just my opinion.