Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this question, but it is somewhat related. I'm looking to get a pass soon before prices go up around the official announcement of the new land. My intention is to lock in the current price now, but not activate the pass until word is out that softs may be happening for SNW. However, it's asking me to select a date for my first visit. Anyone know if that is set in stone or am I able to change it if needed down the line. Let's say I choose a random date like December 15 now, but if I hear softs are happening late November, can I change my first visit date to around that time? Thanks in advance!

Interesting choice to go with the "New Super Mario Bros." DS/Wii style of clouds. Not a huge fan on how they implemented them, but eh; it's better than nothing I guess.
510njj-oGCL.jpg

I'm ngl, I'd prefer a "Nintendo" store (like the ones in New York and Tokyo) tbh.
I was gonna say, it might rule out the possibility of one in CityWalk. Maybe they didn't feel like there would be a venue with enough space in CityWalk. Maybe a Nintendo LA store may not be out of the question.

Lol

I love Nintendo but if it’s just another store with the same merch it’s meh for me

give us something new to buy besides the hats and pins we can already buy or you know pretend Nintendo has animal crossing, Pokémon, splatoon and zelda merch

Lol

I love Nintendo but if it’s just another store with the same merch it’s meh for me

give us something new to buy besides the hats and pins we can already buy or you know pretend Nintendo has animal crossing, Pokémon, splatoon and zelda merch
It would be nice if they sold some more stuff, yeah. If nothing else though, this can give those only visiting CityWalk an opportunity to buy the merch, so it's now no longer locked to the park at least.

It would be nice if they sold some more stuff, yeah. If nothing else though, this can give those only visiting CityWalk an opportunity to buy the merch, so it's now no longer locked to the park at least.
I understand that but they also have the main store as well for Generic stuff.

I just want USH management to see how popluar other IP's are along with people online. Many dislike my want for many many Nintendo attractions in the parks but its because they are great IP's with great merch that will sell. Its a win win for everyone and mainly I want them to just see they money they are leaving on the table with focusing on IP's like the rumored FF coaster, I'm not against a coaster but now that they are partnered with Nintendo its time for Pokemon, Zelda, Splatoon, Kirby and Animal Crossing to be included as well

I just want USH management to see how popluar other IP's are along with people online. Many dislike my want for many many Nintendo attractions in the parks but its because they are great IP's with great merch that will sell. Its a win win for everyone and mainly I want them to just see they money they are leaving on the table with focusing on IP's like the rumored FF coaster, I'm not against a coaster but now that they are partnered with Nintendo its time for Pokemon, Zelda, Splatoon, Kirby and Animal Crossing to be included as well

Lets not restart that particular conversation please :thud:

BREAKING: Universal Studios Hollywood to be torn down and rebuilt as Super Nintendo Studios because one guy on an online forum said we need more Nintendo rides. The USH park President responded to Jerdod’s post with a simple “Okay!”

To accommodate this one guy’s request, the upcoming Fast and Furious Hollywood drift has been scrapped for an inverted wooden launch coaster themed to Animal Crossing. HHN has suddenly been canceled to make way for Nintendo Halloween Nights, an up-charge costume party serving free apple juice. “Jerod on the Inside Universal forums opened my eyes” said USH park president. “He made me realize that USH is a steaming pile of crap and needs to be razed to make way for more Nintendo right the heck now. Harry Potter? GONE. That will now be Zelda. SLoP? Now it’s Pokémon. Jurassic World? Screw that ride. We’re retheming that to Conker’s Bad Fur Adventure. But we’re keeping the Simpsons ride. That ride is awesome.”

Will that make you happy?

BREAKING: Universal Studios Hollywood to be torn down and rebuilt as Super Nintendo Studios because one guy on an online forum said we need more Nintendo rides. The USH park President responded to Jerdod’s post with a simple “Okay!”

To accommodate this one guy’s request, the upcoming Fast and Furious Hollywood drift has been scrapped for an inverted wooden launch coaster themed to Animal Crossing. HHN has suddenly been canceled to make way for Nintendo Halloween Nights, an up-charge costume party serving free apple juice. “Jerod on the Inside Universal forums opened my eyes” said USH park president. “He made me realize that USH is a steaming pile of crap and needs to be razed to make way for more Nintendo right the heck now. Harry Potter? GONE. That will now be Zelda. SLoP? Now it’s Pokémon. Jurassic World? Screw that ride. We’re retheming that to Conker’s Bad Fur Adventure. But we’re keeping the Simpsons ride. That ride is awesome.”

Will that make you happy?
lol

Wow, I never said that. But a Zelda coaster, Pokemon land (with a raid like Super Nintendoland), animal Crossing dark ride/water ride, a Spatoon themed shooting ride would all make more money then any current Universal IP. HP of course is the only thing they have the rights to that could rival Nintendo history and sale's numbers.

But lets go into facts/numbers
Nintendo Switch within 5 years has sold 111 million units. Wii sold 101 million 15 years back and 3DS sold 75 million and Nintendo DS sold 151 million untis.
On Switch Animal crossing sold 39 million units Pokemon games sell 10-30ish million units depending on the game. Super Smash is at 28 million and Zelda breathe of the Wild sold 27 million and won by a country mile more game of the year awards then any other game that year.
Pokemon is the single Biggest IP in the world, period. Look it up if you want

My point is Nintendo has been around since the 80's, It has old and newer IP's that have world wide appeal and connect children and adults. So to make a FF coaster which will sell some merch but nothing, like not even close to a Nintendo themed coaster. If Nintendo wasn't selling we would not have 4 stores that are ALL themed to the Nintendo with Nintendo items only being sold. This is before, BEFORE the land opens. Not to mention I will literally quit this forums if Nintendoland doesn't attract more guests and AP's to USH then Potter did.

My point is Nintendo has the numbers to back up how amazing it is, it doesn't make bad quality items and the Ips appeal to EVERYONE. People on this forums very much underestimate its draw and amount of money it will bring in and besides expanding current Ip's like make more Minions stuff or Jurassic Universal doesn't have any IP's of its own that are mega hits that everyone loves. So I want other merch out to prove how very, very wrong people are about Nintendo.

Also for those like "omg only nintendo so boring" Zelda theme is nothing like Mario, even DK has its own feel, Animal crossing is its own thing, so is Smash, so is Kibry, so is splatoon, so is Pokemon. They are all "cartoons" but besides that share very little.

(also Mods, if allowed I will make a new thread to discuss this more because I can go allll day)