Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think the addition of one more Nintendo property would be bad specifically in Hollywood (and I also think it'll do extremely well if they pick one of the big ones), it's not like Potter where it's rly more of the same world.

But yeah Nintendo store LA would be a smashing success and I hope they do add it one day.

lol

Wow, I never said that. But a Zelda coaster, Pokemon land (with a raid like Super Nintendoland), animal Crossing dark ride/water ride, a Spatoon themed shooting ride would all make more money then any current Universal IP. HP of course is the only thing they have the rights to that could rival Nintendo history and sale's numbers.

But lets go into facts/numbers
Nintendo Switch within 5 years has sold 111 million units. Wii sold 101 million 15 years back and 3DS sold 75 million and Nintendo DS sold 151 million untis.
On Switch Animal crossing sold 39 million units Pokemon games sell 10-30ish million units depending on the game. Super Smash is at 28 million and Zelda breathe of the Wild sold 27 million and won by a country mile more game of the year awards then any other game that year.
Pokemon is the single Biggest IP in the world, period. Look it up if you want

My point is Nintendo has been around since the 80's, It has old and newer IP's that have world wide appeal and connect children and adults. So to make a FF coaster which will sell some merch but nothing, like not even close to a Nintendo themed coaster. If Nintendo wasn't selling we would not have 4 stores that are ALL themed to the Nintendo with Nintendo items only being sold. This is before, BEFORE the land opens. Not to mention I will literally quit this forums if Nintendoland doesn't attract more guests and AP's to USH then Potter did.

My point is Nintendo has the numbers to back up how amazing it is, it doesn't make bad quality items and the Ips appeal to EVERYONE. People on this forums very much underestimate its draw and amount of money it will bring in and besides expanding current Ip's like make more Minions stuff or Jurassic Universal doesn't have any IP's of its own that are mega hits that everyone loves. So I want other merch out to prove how very, very wrong people are about Nintendo.

Also for those like "omg only nintendo so boring" Zelda theme is nothing like Mario, even DK has its own feel, Animal crossing is its own thing, so is Smash, so is Kibry, so is splatoon, so is Pokemon. They are all "cartoons" but besides that share very little.

(also Mods, if allowed I will make a new thread to discuss this more because I can go allll day)

Please make a new thread. This thread should be focused on discussing what's actually being built.

I think we can all agree, though, that it was a colossal missed opportunity that Universal didn't wedge Dominic Toretto and the rest of the crew into the Mario Kart ride as racers.
You are thinking too small...Diddy Kong Racing Cross over

Would be cool if they did some sort of Universal cup DLC where you race in like Fast n Furious, Jaws, ET, BTTF, etc. type courses for the actual game.

Would be cool if they did some sort of Universal cup DLC where you race in like Fast n Furious, Jaws, ET, BTTF, etc. type courses for the actual game.
I mean, there's Mercedes Benz karts so I don't see why not lmfao.

But seriously, that'd be cool if Nintendo and Universal could settle a deal on that. Highly unlikely, but now the thought is in my head.

Reactions: baconwhiskers
If they had an Animal Crossing seasonal event, they could easily program the characters into the AR for the ride just for the event.
I think the only issue with that is the queue and team gimmick is super specific to the context of the attraction. I'm not sure how an overlap would work here without it feeling a little hokey.

I think the only issue with that is the queue and team gimmick is super specific to the context of the attraction. I'm not sure how an overlap would work here without it feeling a little hokey.

I think the best they could do is add in the Animal Crossing kart characters in the background that exist already from MK8.