Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Disney might have a cult but this is Mario. Disney should be scared and it won't matter honestly, that little dark ride isn't gonna make people book a vacation to see it over one of the most popular IPs of all time's highly anticipated land that spans multiple demographics (including non-theme park fans) and is first of its kind in the US.
OWN THOSE RODENTS

I wonder where would this go if true. Maybe the soundstages behind Mummy if those were also slated for demo if I recall?

Take it with salt as it is him, but Jim Hill (Fine Tooned being the source of this nugget) is hearing that Donkey Kong Country is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood in 2025. The goal is to launch DKC alongside the SNW Epic Universe iteration.
Better start demolishing soundstages real quick to meet that timeline. ...Of course, it' only a Jim Hill rumor....soooo many of those floating in space......Bring in that Universal Orlando Transformers crew to do the job. :eek:O:

I wonder where would this go if true. Maybe the soundstages behind Mummy if those were also slated for demo if I recall?

Hypothetically, if they'd say go for Mummy...I'd have to think they'd have to completely demo that area and start from scratch.

They could fit it in there, but it'd require them to change the layout of DKC from Orlando and Osaka, and the showbuilding to have that showbuilding be shaped almost like..a V in it's shaping.

Better start demolishing soundstages real quick to meet that timeline. ...Of course, it' only a Jim Hill rumor....soooo many of those floating in space.

Checking about, but I think @Alicia talked about it during one of the Shark Stop podcasts, or Everything You Need To Know About DKC, albeit as mentioning that it's been rumored.

Hypothetically, if they'd say go for Mummy...I'd have to think they'd have to completely demo that area and start from scratch.

They could fit it in there, but it'd require them to change the layout of DKC from Orlando and Osaka, and the showbuilding to have that showbuilding be shaped almost like..a V in it's shaping.

Checking about, but I think @Alicia talked about it during one of the Shark Stop podcasts, or Everything You Need To Know About DKC, albeit as mentioning that it's been rumored.
I could see DK going in ultimately. But building it to coincide with the opening of DK in Epic (early 2025) is a bit problematic.

I would be surprised to not see DK make its way out here eventually. I don’t see it coming out here until 2026 though.

They can probably fit it behind the small sound stages behind SNW. It’s not that long of a coaster….but they better get moving lol

I can’t imagine them starting construction until at least Spring when SNW is open. I’m sure they want to fully focus on finishing that before they start any work on F&F and DK.

To argue in the sake of JP: I'd have to imagine construction has gone slower over there due to supply aspects.

Hollywood though? My question to DKC if it happens is simple. How much money is SNW making right now to justify this quick of a turnabout. Because if it's a 2012 level spike up in merchandising, alongside attendance for USH and HHN right now; maybe they want to pad up the capacity as soon as they can.