Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Confirmed we will not be getting any of these. Word has it that the popcorn stand in front of the character shop won't even be a Nintendo popcorn stand... it's just going to be where you can buy the Nintendo souvenir buckets. Popcorn will remain regular butter with no exclusive flavors. Hope this doesn't end up being true but seems unfortunately likely.
Extremely bummed to hear this. Starting to worry that Toad's Cafe may be just as generic.

Confirmed we will not be getting any of these. Word has it that the popcorn stand in front of the character shop won't even be a Nintendo popcorn stand... it's just going to be where you can buy the Nintendo souvenir buckets. Popcorn will remain regular butter with no exclusive flavors. Hope this doesn't end up being true but seems unfortunately likely.
Booooooooo

USH needs to learn a thing or two from Disney on stepping up its food game.

Watch them serve the same burgers from Krusty's and Mel's at Toad's Cafe LOL

This actually happened. Recently, I got out of my car to see one of the WaterWorld seaplanes just chilling there. I love this park lol
This must be backstage. But I do wonder why this is sitting outside where it is exposed to the elements. But I am not shocked Uni still has it as theme parks almost always put props in storage. I bet they still have the three pigs in the crates and Pinoochio from Shrek 4D in storage.

Last edited:
Part of me wonders if it could be due to positional. Or rather, the original positional not being something that could happen under the management post Hogsmeade.

Rewording this so don't mind me: Part of me has to wonder after how Hogsmeade was recieved when it did, and how it changed long term projects; how it affected then that of Super Nintendo World. Because if people recall, Pets was originally rumored to go where SNW was now, alongside a relocation of the Studio Tour and a stage show where SS28 was.

Mummy for all intents and purposes; could've been taken out alongside the soundstage cluster between that and Transformers. But when Hogsmeade under-preformed, it sent a shock to change plans and to effectively downscale incentives. Fueled additionally by the technical issues that was present from LPS/Wi-Fi via Kong; could be possible that when Pets changed scope, our Super Nintendo World effectively got downscaled to fit within the planned positionals. Which, could've meant cuts and changes that while out of the other Super Nintendo Worlds could be a very strange choice, would make sense for a park that could not risk a Super Nintendo World like what the other versions are.

Would also explain strange choices like keeping Studio Deli, Panda Express, the Restrooms, and the Character Store like this, and it would unfortunately make sense for a park that didn't want to have another mediocre gambit like Hogsmeade was on the financials.

___

One could ask, "Alex; why are you pessimiatic on this", and here's the thing: I'm not. Not in the traditional sense.

I'm extremely excited to see what the UC team cooked up with Bowser's Challenge, and to play the Power-Up Bands, and to meet Mario, Peach, and Toad. I want to see how immaculately themed Bowser Castle is as a queue. But I can also be present to acknowledge and point out, that there feels a..half polished bake, that is coming out from final product design choices like the extended queue for what is essentially a "Enchanted Island with Yoshi"; or the Steel Berm not having a proper topper like Osaka, or not having proper immersion blending for the area surrounding Jurassic World (Hi there, exposed AA figure from Dino Play).

It's why I wonder why they didn't bake in what could been a expansion area like how Osaka did with Donkey Kong, as from the two days I was in person, merchandise was flying off shelves in both the Studio Store and the SNW Citywalk Store. It's why I wonder why it doesn't look to be as immersive as Hogsmeade is, especially now with how grown out the trees are around the area. It feels like really great choices, blurred in with very, very strange choices.
I wonder if these design quirks of USH's SNW will transfer over to Singapore's as theirs will be about the same size as USH's and I did read they were some budget cuts to the Resorts World Sentosa expansion plan due to COVID. But will that park being so small and in desperate need of a new attraction(s), Maybe they will have things like more immersive queues that block out the rest of the park and surrounding areas. I am also pretty sure Singapore's will be opening dead last of all the SNWs too as it was not even announced by Resorts World Sentosa alongside Minion Park once Madagascar closed for good in March 2022. So it is possible it could now be opening in 2026. And in the intern they could learn from the other versions and make improvements to what will be Singapore's SNW.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I wonder if these design quirks of USH's SNW will transfer over to Singapore's as theirs will be about the same size as USH's and I did read they were some budget cuts to the Resorts World Sentosa expansion plan due to COVID. But will that park being so small and in desperate need of a new attraction(s), Maybe they will have things like more immersive queues that block out the rest of the park and surrounding areas. I am also pretty sure Singapore's will be opening dead last of all the SNWs too as it was not even announced by Resorts World Sentosa alongside Minion Park once Madagascar closed for good in March 2022. So it is possible it could now be opening in 2026. And in the intern they could learn from the other versions and make improvements to what will be Singapore's SNW.

I have zero idea where they would even put this in Singapore without gaining some outside Sentosa space (even a challenge then honestly) unless they took out Shrek (they should never, it's their strongest land) or Waterworld (which they should do, it's not even running anymore), it is a TINY park (that lagoon is a pond contrary to what park maps draw it to be). Even if they did find a way to fit it, it would have to be even smaller than Hollywood's land tbh.

Last edited:
I have zero idea where they would even put this in Singapore without gaining some outside Sentosa space (even a challenge then honestly) unless they took out Shrek (they should never, it's their strongest land) or Waterworld (which they should do, it's not even running anymore), it is a TINY park (that lagoon is a pond contrary to what park maps draw it to be). Even if they did find a way to fit it, it would have to be even smaller than Hollywood's land tbh.
From what I read on the ThemeParx website SNW will replace the Madagascar Crate Adventure show building and possibly expand outward and take out the Resorts World Sentosa sign while the Mario Kart ride building will expand into the waterfront area and replace a building that holds The Trick Eye Museum, HeadRock VR, and Malaysian Street Food. That is just scratching the surface of how they will fit SNW into USS. Here is the link from ThemeParx website so you can make of it what you will:

Hopefully we at least get Peaches Cake....not that I'll do it more then once but have to finally eat the cake I was promised 20ish years ago on N64

From what I read on the ThemeParx website SNW will replace the Madagascar Crate Adventure show building and possibly expand outward and take out the Resorts World Sentosa sign while the Mario Kart ride building will expand into the waterfront area and replace a building that holds The Trick Eye Museum, HeadRock VR, and Malaysian Street Food. That is just scratching the surface of how they will fit SNW into USS. Here is the link from ThemeParx website so you can make of it what you will:

I think the Madagascar show building idea might be out of date cause they seem to be digging into that for Minions. Using The Trick Eye Museum, HeadRock VR, and Malaysian Street Food area checks out (even though this area isn't that large) cause while I was there it was just sitting abandoned outside of a little Minions promo exhibit in the Trick Eye/HeadRock space, but they would need that Madagascar space. The Madagascar building/ship is surprisingly very close to the main walkway coming out of the main Hollywood entrance area so I wonder what they'd do in the meantime if they don't use all of it. Regardless, overall I think it will be smaller than Hollywood's, but they gotta bring this IP over to Singapore for sure.

Last edited:
Okay, the Illumination Mario movie is looking to be absolutely insane. The kinetic engery with this land opening and this movie's premiere is going to be next level insanity.
Agreed

IF the movie does well and the land does even better then I'm already thinking it will....DK ride will be here in no time

I think the Madagascar show building idea might be out of date cause they seem to be digging into that for Minions. Using The Trick Eye Museum, HeadRock VR, and Malaysian Street Food area checks out (even though this area isn't that large) cause while I was there it was just sitting abandoned outside of a little Minions promo exhibit in the Trick Eye/HeadRock space, but they would need that Madagascar space. The Madagascar building/ship is surprisingly very close to the main walkway coming out of the main Hollywood entrance area so I wonder what they'd do in the meantime if they don't use all of it. Regardless, overall I think it will be smaller than Hollywood's, but they gotta bring this IP over to Singapore for sure.
Will probably just have only Mario Kart and maybe one set of interactive features but won't have Toad's Cafe. I saw on a recent walkthrough video of USS published earlier this month that it looks like the Madagascar show building is being torn down. So you think Minion Mayhem will got in the spot that was Madagascar? And if so I am a bit confused. Because as mentioned in the previous post the above venues mentioned would be for the Mario Kart ride building alone. Where would the main land go (where guests explore and queue up for Mario Kart) exactly if Minion Mayhem goes where Madagascar is?

Will probably just have only Mario Kart and maybe one set of interactive features but won't have Toad's Cafe. I saw on a recent walkthrough video of USS published earlier this month that it looks like the Madagascar show building is being torn down. So you think Minion Mayhem will got in the spot that was Madagascar? And if so I am a bit confused. Because as mentioned in the previous post the above venues mentioned would be for the Mario Kart ride building alone. Where would the main land go (where guests explore and queue up for Mario Kart) exactly if Minion Mayhem goes where Madagascar is?

While I was there in September, the transition area to Far Far Away and the land itself were demolished besides the Madagascar ship, tree, and a good portion of the building (which I think are part of the same unit?), which judging from the concept art for Minions Land would fit what you see in that minus the actual simulator buildings (I'm guessing they're making two theaters around the same size as USH?). I could've just seen the old show building pre-full demolishment, but I think the simulators buildings would have to at least take up part of the space of that building. Using the places you mentioned plus a little of where there's a waterfront bay look out area in front of those places, the MK building would fit for sure. They also would have to be mindful of the Sentosa monorail I think, there's like this tunnel for it at the front of the park that curves towards those areas mentioned, so it’ll all probably be laid out differently. As for the rest of the land I think it would have to be designed to be pretty narrow and small since Minions would really be taking up most of what Madagascar land was. The lands at USS are pretty compact for the most part so it kinda fits the vibe.

Last edited:
Testing Warp Pipe Lighting - looks awesome!

At least the warp pipe is cooler then Japan's.

Okay, the Illumination Mario movie is looking to be absolutely insane. The kinetic engery with this land opening and this movie's premiere is going to be next level insanity.

If only the Mario Kart ride captured the whimsy of the movie. Really wishing they had built a Mario Adventure ride instead, especially with the movie in play now.