Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Better to be prepared for the crowds than not. If they weren't setup for this then they'd get complaints from us and guests.
Agreed but also if they are expecting this many people...why only have one ride?

Like its kinda crazy they built this land and now with the timing of the film is going to be extremely busy and you have one....one ride.

I'd honestly love to talk to who ever came out with this version of the land and ask...why? Why are you making this land smaller then the one in Japan, why does it have only one ride, why didn't you take away the two meh restaurants so you'd have more room?

People know I love Nintendo but honestly I feel like this land is going to be kinda a mess for the first year and if I get on MK more then 3 times....I'll be impressed. Like the fact that you have a online Q just to get in the land...and to walk into it with what I assume is going to be wall to wall people..long food lines, long lines for Mario Kart and long lines for meet and greets. Its going to be I guess great for Universal but as a guest, it wont be as fun as it should be at points

Agreed but also if they are expecting this many people...why only have one ride?

Like its kinda crazy they built this land and now with the timing of the film is going to be extremely busy and you have one....one ride.

I'd honestly love to talk to who ever came out with this version of the land and ask...why? Why are you making this land smaller then the one in Japan, why does it have only one ride, why didn't you take away the two meh restaurants so you'd have more room?

People know I love Nintendo but honestly I feel like this land is going to be kinda a mess for the first year and if I get on MK more then 3 times....I'll be impressed. Like the fact that you have a online Q just to get in the land...and to walk into it with what I assume is going to be wall to wall people..long food lines, long lines for Mario Kart and long lines for meet and greets. Its going to be I guess great for Universal but as a guest, it wont be as fun as it should be at points
I will NEVER understand why they kept panda and studio cafe and essentially build the land over those buildings. I'm sure the online queue to join the land will be dropped later in the day or scrapped entirely like Galaxy's edge after a few days.

I will NEVER understand why they kept panda and studio cafe and essentially build the land over those buildings. I'm sure the online queue to join the land will be dropped later in the day or scrapped entirely like Galaxy's edge after a few days.
I hope do but just doubt it

going to grinchmas and them having a Q to get in during busy times makes me think they like the idea of spreading guests out

also the land is going to open then the movie and spring break and summer is right after that

maybe In the fall it will go away but bet the Q comes back next grinchmas

could be wrong but Nintendo land is like 1/5 the size of Galaxy edge and Nintendo land only has one entrance. So think it will be different but soon we will find out

So it certainly looks like you'll be up in this area, unsure if you get up there from the Bowser Jr Mini Game or the Mario Kart pipe?

Also the cloud shade tarps are just behind the green hill I have an arrow pointed at, so wonder if that entrance on that level is to get back there?

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 12.27.22 PM.png

I'm happy they are prepared for long lines....and I for one will not be waiting more then an hour for this ride. God bless the people who are going to wait the 3ish+ hour lines for this....hopefully the other rides are empty while people wait that long..lol

If it has the single rider line from Japan, I wonder when one joins the line.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Here's a good thought..what about TM previews? That's the only thing that'd make some element of sense to me, if it could start as late in the game as say; December 28th.

I do agree though for softs, Mid-January.
Ain't no way this will soft or even hold TM previews for the remainder of this year. Also, I can't imagine softs occuring before TM previews.

Best case scenario: TM previews mid-Jan followed by softs in February. That would put it non track for a Mar10 opening and would be a similar opening schedule to Potter.

I agree that a small flat ride or something would've been preferable, good luck convincing the higher ups to remove two eateries that will make direct profit for a small ride that no one would lose sleep over if we didn't get it. While the Yoshi ride would've been nice to have over here for the sake of kinetics and another ride, it's not a ride that I would be eager to have. Guess we'll have to wait until DK for a second SNW ride.
Agreed. They could put a small Yoshi dark ride in that space, but I guess the spread sheets show that people want their in-park Panda Express.

Ain't no way this will soft or even hold TM previews for the remainder of this year. Also, I can't imagine softs occuring before TM previews.

Best case scenario: TM previews mid-Jan followed by softs in February. That would put it non track for a Mar10 opening and would be a similar opening schedule to Potter.

I'll argue in this, as I have to imagine they'd want to ensure that this land can be tested properly of external aspects like the mini games outside alongside having ops figured out before they start the process.

If I had to guess:
TM Previews = Late December (close to Eve, going to Early January)
AP Previews = Prior to MLK Weekend, and going throughout Mid-Late January
Softs = February to March 2nd
Media = March 7-9
Opening Day = Mar10

Can be wrong; always have had inconsistencies, but this makes sense to me for whatever the reason. And from what it seems, it seems they have applied the wrap for Toadstool's Cafe.

I'll argue in this, as I have to imagine they'd want to ensure that this land can be tested properly of external aspects like the mini games outside alongside having ops figured out before they start the process.

If I had to guess:
TM Previews = Late December (close to Eve, going to Early January)
AP Previews = Prior to MLK Weekend, and going throughout Mid-Late January
Softs = February to March 2nd
Media = March 7-9
Opening Day = Mar10

Can be wrong; always have had inconsistencies, but this makes sense to me for whatever the reason. And from what it seems, it seems they have applied the wrap for Toadstool's Cafe.

I'd think they'd wait till after the holidays for any kind of previews. Christmas week is the busiest week of the year. Do you want TM's working active rides/shops, or tied up in training and previews?

So, basically there isn't a good spot to get a picture of the entrance to bowser's challenge since that area is queue space??
This is what I've been thinking... no photo ops in front of Bowsers... you will be in a queue surrounded by switchbacks and people.

No ideal....but if you get there when the parks open I'm sure you can get an amazing picture with the castle.

Once again not ideal but there should be a work around