Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I would not base what Hollywood gets on what Florida does. Hollywood's could be bigger, smaller or different.

Here's what I'm thinking: obviously after Potter next year, there's a big black void in front of us. Parkscope assumed that we'd be last for Nintendo since after we would get Diagon.

But obviously it's the lower lot that's being primed now, and that is NOT Diagon. I don't see why USH would leave that blank while moving forward elsewhere to make space for DA. (which I still don't think is happening anytime soon)

I think that Hollywood wants to finally have their finger on the pulse at the same time as the other parks. Even though they'll get a smaller slice, they will be right alongside Florida in opening a Nintendo-related attraction by 2019. I'd be surprised if it was anything else.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Hollywood doesn't see this for a while. Tokyo, Singapore and Orlando will be the first ones, solely because there is more room to build and breathe. Just my two cents. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna go on a limb and say Hollywood doesn't see this for a while. Tokyo, Singapore and Orlando will be the first ones, solely because there is more room to build and breathe. Just my two cents.
Yes, but with Stage 28's empty spot now, and other neighboring sound stages most likely being torn out, there's gonna be a lot of breathing room in the lower lot. Might not be as lightning quick as in Florida, but they'll be pushing it out.

A Nintendo land would be awesome.... But after Diagon Alley.... We are still behind Orlando.. I had heard from an employee there that universal was trying to buy out the neighboring golf course for the land which means that Nintendo would most likely take over lower lot.. This is all speculation of course

No Golf Course.....that's not happening. The employee you spoke with doesn't know diddlysquat.

As for Diagon Alley, I'm not ruling it out at this point, as Universal has shown that they can surprise us. It would just depend on how creative they can be with its location. But again, I'd rather see something else besides diagon alley first.

The golf course thing will happen, but not now. There is just too much hassle trying to not only buy the land, but to deal with the city of Burbank to make the land part of Universal City jurisdiction. Maybe when the park REALLY needs space in 10 years, then it will happen. 

I wouldn't be dogmatic about the golf course. Even if they did acquire it, I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed a golf course. But I think it's highly unlikely to become anything other than a golf course.

Universal won't buy the golf course because they don't need the land now. That is until they can't remove any more studio space for the theme park. 

I don't think we will have much trouble with the neighbors. The golf course might just be used for studio space in the future and it wouldn't generate that much noise. 

The Hatbox Ghost's issue was that Imagineering has wanted to do it since the projection mapping effect rendered it possible, around a decade ago. Disney just spent a good deal of money on the Constance scene, and were not interested in spending more money plussing the mansion until TDA started searching for the cheapest options to offer for the 60th for both tourists and locals. Be thankful that Walt opened the park in 1955, that's seriously the only reason why HBG is in the Mansion right now.

The golf course is so on another level of impossibility that it doesn't come down to the sheer fact that the land isn't bought yet. If it wasn't an extreme hassle, or the buyers were even WILLING to sell, then Comcast would have bought it in a heartbeat. Seriously, they would've. Do you see what they're doing in Orlando? They're literally using almost every inch of space they got at this point and the plans are so wild beyond that. There is nearly no limit to how far Comcast will go, but only to what they possibly can. They just ain't selling and it ain't happening anytime soon.

The studio will be fully gone before that golf course is sold to USH, I'm tellin ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking, will "Nintendo Land" in Orlando replace Marvel's Super Hero Island and Toon Lagoon? Or will they simply demolish the remaining soundstages in USF? I'd say they would have more room revamping MSHI and TL. What do you guys think?

I've been thinking, will "Nintendo Land" in Orlando replace Marvel's Super Hero Island and Toon Lagoon? Or will they simply demolish the remaining soundstages in USF? I'd say they would have more room revamping MSHI and TL. What do you guys think?
Hopefully Joe doesn't see this comment haha

But yea no. MSHI is not going anywhere. It's recieving a much needed makeover in the future. Nintendo is certainly Kidzones replacement