Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

They still have 4 months.
USJ came together pretty quickly right near the end of construction, didn't look too different to Hollywood now back in Fall 2019.

They still have 4 months.
USJ came together pretty quickly right near the end of construction, didn't look too different to Hollywood now back in Fall 2019.

They wanted to be soft opening in Thanksgiving. Pretty sure they’re gonna miss that internal goal at this point.

They wanted to be soft opening in Thanksgiving. Pretty sure they’re gonna miss that internal goal at this point.
To be fair only one here I've heard that.

They very much on the Tram and any marketing said next year. So I hope they somehow get previews out before the end of the year....if its moved to January thats fine. Hopefully if HHN is any indicator of it the budget for Grinchmas is hopefully much bigger this year because last years event was a jokeeeeeee. So as long as Grinchmas gets a real budget at least we'll have that until the land opens

They very much on the Tram and any marketing said next year. So I hope they somehow get previews out before the end of the year....if its moved to January thats fine. Hopefully if HHN is any indicator of it the budget for Grinchmas is hopefully much bigger this year because last years event was a jokeeeeeee. So as long as Grinchmas gets a real budget at least we'll have that until the land opens

They’ve always said it’s officially opening early 2023 because that’s always been true. But it’s also true that, internally, they were prepping for a late November / early December soft start to stress test the land.

They’ve always said it’s officially opening early 2023 because that’s always been true. But it’s also true that, internally, they were prepping for a late November / early December soft start to stress test the land.
“Were”?

So that Christmas soft opening probably isn’t happening then?

Everyone here knows I want it open more then anyone but if they don't have the parts to finish, then we just have to wait and the stress test will be manageable now. During Christmas honestly could have been insane with how packed the parks got this summer

But if it opens in even 4 months instead of two, that's still really close and still before the Tron Coaster...lol

4 months until what? This is not opening in January
If this doesn’t open in January then Universal would be in major trouble for attendance. Remember that all passes except platinum are blocked out for all weekends in January which is normally one of the worst months for attendance

If this doesn’t open in January then Universal would be in major trouble for attendance. Remember that all passes except platinum are blocked out for all weekends in January which is normally one of the worst months for attendance
Recently when NOPE opened they unblocked a few weekdays and two weekends. So I could see them doing that whenever they know it can finally open.

Yeah, this is definitely Spring 2023 now. It'll still open before Mickey's Toontown though. :,P
Not to compare the two lands, but Disney really could've made a splash and tried to take what is now a fairly old land and always seemed underdeveloped and really expanded it not just with MMRR, but with a coaster using the SDMT ride system, but based around the Disney+ Rescue Rangers film. They could've switched up after the positive response to the movie, opened as a Phase 1 with the redone ToonTown and with MMRR and then in 2025 or so opened the coaster.

Something like that would essentially be aimed to direct compete with SNW as you would have a land based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Mickey and Minnie, and then WFRR spiritual sequel in the Rescue Rangers movie. That would be a small C-ticket dark ride, a slow moving trackless D ticket dark ride, and a family friendly coaster, which would probably be the most popular ride. Sound familiar? :lol:

Correct. Thanksgiving was never considered. Quarter 3 was being thrown around earlier in the year. Now I am hearing from sources of a Spring opening (quarter 2). There will definitely be no softs or anything this year. There is no need to rush this land. Christmas will already be busy enough.