Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I think the reason why we’re finding stuff to complain about is that SNW has broken the record at USH for the longest we’ve had to wait for a new addition. The started construction on this back in 2018(?) with an opening for 2023 and they announced it as far back as 2015! We were supposed to have this last year had it not been for Covid and supply chain issues, so we will have waited eight years for this!

The last ride to hold that record of longest wait was Transformers. They announced it back in 2008 and it opened 2012. I think we’re just tired of waiting when the goal post seems to be right there but it keeps bumping back a little bit more seemingly every month. It’s frustrating.

I said this 2 years ago.

Screenshot-20221124-104500-Chrome.jpg

Is that photo recent? It's kind of insane that they still have the animatronic (albeit in a dilapidated shape) after all these years if so.

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I really hope there's a Daisy meet and greet with Peach in her Gazibo (or anywhere really). That way, every power band has a costume to interact with. The only issue is that I'm unsure if Universal would be willing to dump that kind of money and tech on a character like Daisy.

Shade is tacky?
I dont think its Tacky but as I've said before....some of the planning for this land just seems....off like they had almost no plan besides just put Nintendoland....here...I guess

Like if the plan was to have a meet and greet, why not just make it enclosed or a themed shade like clouds. I'm not complaining but the planning for some of the land just seems to not be very planned out, especially for this being the second version of the land

I dont think its Tacky but as I've said before....some of the planning for this land just seems....off like they had almost no plan besides just put Nintendoland....here...I guess

Like if the plan was to have a meet and greet, why not just make it enclosed or a themed shade like clouds. I'm not complaining but the planning for some of the land just seems to not be very planned out, especially for this being the second version of the land

Part of me wonders if it could be due to positional. Or rather, the original positional not being something that could happen under the management post Hogsmeade.

Rewording this so don't mind me: Part of me has to wonder after how Hogsmeade was recieved when it did, and how it changed long term projects; how it affected then that of Super Nintendo World. Because if people recall, Pets was originally rumored to go where SNW was now, alongside a relocation of the Studio Tour and a stage show where SS28 was.

Mummy for all intents and purposes; could've been taken out alongside the soundstage cluster between that and Transformers. But when Hogsmeade under-preformed, it sent a shock to change plans and to effectively downscale incentives. Fueled additionally by the technical issues that was present from LPS/Wi-Fi via Kong; could be possible that when Pets changed scope, our Super Nintendo World effectively got downscaled to fit within the planned positionals. Which, could've meant cuts and changes that while out of the other Super Nintendo Worlds could be a very strange choice, would make sense for a park that could not risk a Super Nintendo World like what the other versions are.

Would also explain strange choices like keeping Studio Deli, Panda Express, the Restrooms, and the Character Store like this, and it would unfortunately make sense for a park that didn't want to have another mediocre gambit like Hogsmeade was on the financials.

___

One could ask, "Alex; why are you pessimiatic on this", and here's the thing: I'm not. Not in the traditional sense.

I'm extremely excited to see what the UC team cooked up with Bowser's Challenge, and to play the Power-Up Bands, and to meet Mario, Peach, and Toad. I want to see how immaculately themed Bowser Castle is as a queue. But I can also be present to acknowledge and point out, that there feels a..half polished bake, that is coming out from final product design choices like the extended queue for what is essentially a "Enchanted Island with Yoshi"; or the Steel Berm not having a proper topper like Osaka, or not having proper immersion blending for the area surrounding Jurassic World (Hi there, exposed AA figure from Dino Play).

It's why I wonder why they didn't bake in what could been a expansion area like how Osaka did with Donkey Kong, as from the two days I was in person, merchandise was flying off shelves in both the Studio Store and the SNW Citywalk Store. It's why I wonder why it doesn't look to be as immersive as Hogsmeade is, especially now with how grown out the trees are around the area. It feels like really great choices, blurred in with very, very strange choices.

Last edited:
They should've just made the tarps the Yoshi's Island Clouds to better fit the theme of the meet and greet. The tarps look so bad and out of place lol.
Maybe some of these “finishes” are just temporary because the USH team has to get this land open on time. In order to meet the deadline they had to settle on some things so there wouldn’t be anymore delays.

Maybe some of these “finishes” are just temporary because the USH team has to get this land open on time. In order to meet the deadline they had to settle on some things so there wouldn’t be anymore delays.
Stage 3: Bargaining

Honestly though, knowing how Nintendo has operated throughout some other aspects of this project I doubt they would allow the land to open unfinished. They delayed the opening of Feature Presentation for something far less substantial. But I really hope I’m wrong

I know it’s likely we’re getting reservations for the land, but I can’t help but think it’s going to be a nightmare trying to walk through the LL when it finally opens. Don’t know why they didn’t do any crowd flow related placemaking down there prior to opening — this has always been the issue with the LL.