Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey all! Haven’t posted in here in a long time. Heard my Yoshi/ SNW tweets were circulating on here and wanted to clarify they’re jokes and just for self amusement. Sorry if anyone felt it was coming from actual sources or thought it was a hint of something to come for this iteration of the land. Like all of you, I’m excited to see how all this construction unfolds and how our version will turn out. Don’t take my tweets for anything other than a fan just having fun to kill time before actual announcements come.

Looking at those photos it's amazing that by next Spring or Summer a whole land is set to be open. Right now it looks so barren.

Looks like the layout I mocked up months ago might well be near to the reality then:
Layout idea.jpg

I thought we would still enter on the second level at the time, but other than that the layout feels right.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Looks like the layout I mocked up months ago might well be near to the reality then:
View attachment 12475

I thought we would still enter on the second level at the time, but other than that the layout feels right.
I’ve been thinking the left side is a clone of left side of the land from Japan, with interactive areas (second level) and quick service (lower level). Then Bowser Castle in corner of second level like you have it. Main land gift shop between that and Peach Castle land entry. No mountain since no Yoshi ride, but maybe they put the flag hill topper on top of gift shop instead of the sand pyramids so the land still has the flag icon.

Reactions: Suchomimus
I’ve been thinking the left side is a clone of left side of the land from Japan, with interactive areas (second level) and quick service (lower level). Then Bowser Castle in corner of second level like you have it. Main land gift shop between that and Peach Castle land entry. No mountain since no Yoshi ride, but maybe they put the flag hill topper on top of gift shop instead of the sand pyramids so the land still has the flag icon.

I hope we still get the mountain as it feels like the icon of the land. Plus those height baloon tests showed something quite tall. which only really lines up with something as big as the mountain.

What would we then have on the right backing onto panda express?

Reactions: BriefCasey
I actually agree with that, the height balloon's if I'm not mistaken, were at their tallest at the area closest to the JW extended Queue.

I would find it a lot interesting though, if they are going with Peach's Castle for on-the-ground. It may actually give the land more of a "Wow" factor as people enter the land, walking around and seeing the shear verticality.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Although I'm not going to lose sleep over not getting the Yoshi ride, if no having enough space to do it was the reason for us not getting it, why not make an alternate version of it? Most of it was outdoors anyway so I don't think anybody would've raised a fuss about just having a shorter ride but mostly indoors.

Although I'm not going to lose sleep over not getting the Yoshi ride, if no having enough space to do it was the reason for us not getting it, why not make an alternate version of it? Most of it was outdoors anyway so I don't think anybody would've raised a fuss about just having a shorter ride but mostly indoors.
I agree, it's strange that they won't have an additional ride for such a popular land. Even Potter has the simple, but nicely themed Flight of the Hippogriff. These big lands really need to open with more flat rides. Like, get a Princess Peach Parasol Drop or Koopa Shell Spinner in there or something.

I’m pretty sure the second ride will be Fast&Furious:Supercharged but instead of Vin Diesel on a helicopter it will be Mario hanging on to a bullet bill ;)
lol We would take that but they don't have the room for it.

I think what will help is seeing the land in Japan open and if its alive enough...maybe that will make up for the land not having a second ride.